RSS Feed - GreenTech and Sustainability - Kaye Scholer LLP
Current Feed: http://www.kayescholer.com/practice/rss.xml?p=green_tech
William A. Tanenbaum (05/17/13)
William A. Tanenbaum is Chair of the IP and Technology Transactions Group and Chair of the Green Tech and Sustainability Group at Kaye Scholer. He was named “Lawyer of the Year 2013” in Information Technology Law in New York by Best Lawyers in America. He is ranked in Band One in Technology and Outsourcing in New York by Chambers. His IP and Technology Transactions Group is ranked in the First Tier in Information Technology Law in New York by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers. Chambers found that he “built one of New York City’s most outstanding transactional IT practices.” Bill assists clients in updating IT systems and integrating Cloud, Big Data, Mobile, Social Media and Privacy Protection. His practice focuses on IP, IT and technology transactions, as well as Healthcare IT (he is recognized as a “Life Science Star”) and the convergence of cleantech and mainstream business (he was named to the “CleanTech 100”). The common element in his practice is that clients in a range of industries retain him for his IP and IT experience. He is a past President of the International Technology Law Association and is currently a Vice President of the Metropolitan New York Chapter of the Society for Information Management (SIM), an industry association for CIOs and senior IT executives.
Surveys of clients, in-house counsel and peer attorneys find that he:
- “is one of the best IP attorneys I have worked with” (Euromoney’s LMG Clean Technology and Renewable Energy Guide)
- is one of the Top 25 IT Lawyers in the US (Best of the Best)
- was named a 2013 "IP Star" (Managing IP)
- “brings extremely high integrity, a deep intellect, fearlessness and a practical, real-world mindset to every problem” (Chambers)
- “draws on a truly impressive array of technology law expertise, creativity, high integrity and common sense, and he gets parties to closure” (Legal500)
- is “efficient, solution-driven and makes excellent judgment calls” and “an effective negotiator” (Chambers)
- is “endorsed by all as a ‘strong, pragmatic lawyer who knows exactly how to get a deal done’” (World’s 250 Leading Patent and Technology Lawyers)
- “is among the market’s foremost IT licensing experts and a leading authority on related issues such as data security, privacy and social media” (World’s 250 Leading Patent and Technology Lawyers)
- is “recognized as a thought leader across the spectrum of IT and IP transactions” (IAM Patent 1000)
- “is an acknowledged expert on the convergence of mainstream businesses with cleantech” (Chambers)
- is recognized as a “Life Science Star” (Euromoney’s LMG Life Sciences Guide)
- was named to the “CleanTech 100” in Euromoney’s LMG Clean Technology and Renewable Energy Guide, which praised the versatility of the firm’s GreenTech and Sustainability practice and concluded that the firm’s “IP practice really stands out with its knowledge from a technological point of view.”
Because of the strength of Bill’s practice, Kaye Scholer was named as the “Technology & Outsourcing Law Firm of the Year in New York for 2013” by Global Law Experts, the “Internet & E-Commerce Law Firm of the Year” by The Lawyers World Law Awards 2011 and Kaye Scholer is “Recommended” for IP in cleantech in the Clean Technology and Renewable Guide. Bill’s experience and leadership in the fields of technology transactions and outsourcing were recognized when he was selected to serve as the neutral arbitrator in a $30 million outsourcing dispute and other arbitrations.
Bill is the lead partner in IP and IT transactions and in patent litigations. He led a team that handled a significant business method patent case for a multinational financial institution. He also led a team that won a victory for a multinational medical device client in a patent case in the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. He chairs or co-chairs annual legal conferences on Outsourcing, Healthcare IT, Cloud Computing and GreenTech and is a frequent speaker at industry conferences.
Bill is a member of the American Health Lawyers Association and the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society.
Madeleine M.L. Tan (04/02/13)
Madeleine Tan is a Partner in Kaye Scholer’s Finance group and is Co-Head of the firm’s Project Finance Practice. She has extensive experience advising investors, lenders, sponsors and underwriters in equity investments, capital markets debt offerings, tax-equity and structured finance transactions. Madeleine has been lead counsel on a broad range of transactions including project finance transactions, leveraged leases, single investor leases, capital markets offerings and privately negotiated debt instruments. She is recognized by Chambers Global 2013 as a “Foreign Expert” for USA Capital Markets Securitization and as an “Expert Based Abroad” for Australia Capital Markets.
Timothy Spangler (03/21/13)
Timothy Spangler is a Partner and Chair of the Investment Funds group in Kaye Scholer's Los Angeles and New York offices, where he regularly advises sponsors on the formation, structuring and negotiation of a wide variety of investment vehicles, as well as on the full spectrum of securities and regulatory issues typically associated with such transactions.
Jeffrey A. Chester (03/21/13)
Jeffrey Chester is a Partner in the Los Angeles office and heads the firm’s Renewable Energy Project Finance and Development practice, focusing on wind and solar energy development, construction, tax structuring and project finance. In renewable energy transactions, Jeff regularly represents developers, sponsors, lenders and investors.
Sapna W. Palla (03/12/13)
Sapna W. Palla counsels and represents clients in a variety of matters, including intellectual property, patent, bankruptcy litigation and complex commercial issues. She has practiced before both state and federal courts, including appeals to the Federal Circuit, and has experience in alternative dispute resolution such as arbitration and mediation. In the intellectual property area, Sapna’s practice encompasses an array of technologies including pharmaceuticals and biotechnology.
Randall Stempler (03/12/13)
Randall Stempler has extensive experience in complex outsourcing and technology transactions, including BPO and ITO transactions, E-Commerce, the Internet and intellectual property licensing. He also has broad experience in corporate finance, general corporate, commercial and securities law, as well as mergers and acquisitions.
Steven J. Glassman (03/08/13)
Steven J. Glassman has been lead counsel and litigated complex cases before federal juries, judges, arbitrators and mediators for over 30 years. He possesses a unique background and combination of experience as a federal prosecutor, trial lawyer, appellate advocate and patent examiner. He has broad experience in intellectual property, patents and technology transfer, as well as in securities and commodities cases. He provides strategic opinions and counseling, has directed due diligence investigations, and structured a wide variety of business and technology agreements.