Jeffrey Horowitz is an experienced trial lawyer who has represented a wide range of clients in complex litigation and government investigations. Jeff’s diverse practice includes major product liability, intellectual property and qui tam matters, as well as internal investigations, regulatory and compliance counseling and litigation avoidance counseling.
Jeff has tried cases to verdict in federal and state courts around the country, including New York, California, Delaware, New Jersey, Maryland and the District of Columbia. He is a member of the adjunct faculty as a Lecturer in Law at Columbia Law School, where he teaches trial practice.
Prior to joining Kaye Scholer, Jeff served as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of New York. During his tenure, Jeff represented the state in a wide variety of federal and state matters, including numerous federal civil rights actions.
Jeff graduated cum laude from Temple University School of Law, where he received an award for Outstanding Oral Advocacy in trial advocacy, and the Harry R. Kozart Memorial Prize for excellence in product liability. Jeff received his undergraduate degree, with honors, from Michigan State University, where he earned two Big Ten Conference Scholar Athlete Awards.
Jeff is the chairman of the board of directors of the New York Center for Law and Justice, a public interest law firm whose mission is to represent the interests of indigent, deaf and hard of hearing New Yorkers.
- Represent Pfizer and lead trial strategy team in national litigation involving allegations of movement disorders related to the antiemetic drug Reglan.
- Represent Pfizer and serve as trial counsel in national litigation involving allegations of birth defects related to the antidepressant Zoloft.
- Represent Bayer in national litigation involving allegations of bleeding events related to the anticoagulant Xarelto.
- Represented Astra Zeneca in national litigation and served as lead counsel in New York federal court cases involving allegations of chondrolysis associated with use of Pain Pumps.
- Represented AstraZeneca in national litigation involving allegations of diabetes related to the antipsychotic Seroquel.
- Represented Novartis in national litigation involving allegations of strokes related to PPA.
- Represented Pfizer in national litigation involving allegations of liver injuries related to the antidiabetic Rezulin.
- Served as lead counsel for Novartis in several one-off pharmaceutical product liability cases.
- Served as trial counsel for Sanofi-Aventis in patent infringement ANDA litigation against drug companies which sought to market generic versions of Allegra antihistamine products.
- Served as trial counsel for Pfizer in patent infringement ANDA litigation that resulted in successful defense of the patents covering the active ingredient in Celebrex.
- Served as trial counsel for Chiron in a case involving the patent covering its cystic fibrosis treatment, TOBI.
- Obtained a substantial jury award, including punitive damages, for a French airplane parts manufacturer for willful patent and trade dress infringement, and unfair competition.
- Successfully resolved a patent infringement action involving image sensor technology for use in camera modules placed in cell phones.
- Represent major brand name prescription drug manufacturer in qui tam litigation brought in Eastern District of Pennsylvania alleging off label and kickback claims under the False Claims Act.
- Represent international pharmaceutical company on legal and regulatory compliance issues related to sales and marketing practices, as well as pharmacovigilance and safety reporting requirements.
- Represented a major international pharmaceutical company in a federal investigation involving allegations of violations under the False Claims Act and Anti-Kickback Statute based on sales, marketing and pricing practices.
- Represented a generic pharmaceutical company in a federal investigation stemming from a qui tam lawsuit alleging violations under the False Claims Act.
- Conducted compliance review and analysis of a consumer healthcare company embedded in an international brand pharmaceutical manufacturer.
In The Market
- Kaye Scholer Named a Law360 Pro Bono Firm of the Year October 4, 2016 • Auszeichnungen
- Judge Grants Pfizer’s Motion for Summary Judgment in Zoloft MDL April 7, 2016 • Pressemitteilungen
- Judge Excludes Testimony from Plaintiff’s Latest General Causation Expert in Pfizer Zoloft MDL December 8, 2015 • Pressemitteilungen