Seth Kleinman serves as Counsel in Kaye Scholer's Bankruptcy & Restructuring Department. His practice encompasses all areas of corporate restructuring, bankruptcy and insolvency-related matters. Mr. Kleinman regularly assists corporate debtors, creditors, investors, financial counterparties and other interested parties in bankruptcy-related transactions and out-of-court workouts. Mr. Kleinman also represents purchasers of distressed assets under Section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code, as well as landlords, suppliers and other unsecured creditors in a variety of transactional and litigation-related aspects of the debtor-creditor relationship.
- Represented an investment advisor specializing in complex credit-based alternative investment strategies in its Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
- Represented an equity sponsor with respect to potential debtor-in-possession financing and a new value plan of reorganization in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases of a publisher of business and trade publications.
- Represented a global financial institution in the purchase of assets from an investment bank in the investment bank’s Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
- Represented a transnational mining corporation in its pre-negotiated restructuring and Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
- Represented a mortgage certificate holder and mezzanine lender in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases of a national hotel chain.
- Represented and advised multiple clients, including a global technology company, a worldwide advertising agency and certain tier-one auto parts suppliers, in two automotive companies’ Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
- Represented an official creditors’ committee in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases of a leading, London-based marine container leasing company.
- Advised numerous clients regarding potential distressed asset and stock purchases, including both in and out-of-court purchases.
In The Market
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Pressemitteilungen
- Kaye Scholer Announces 2016 Partner and Counsel Elevations December 11, 2015 • Firm News
- Kaye Scholer’s Liberty Tire Work Named Out-of-Court Restructuring Deal of the Year December 10, 2015 • Auszeichnungen