Mark Liscio is Co-Chair of Kaye Scholer's Bankruptcy & Restructuring Department. For over 25 years, Mark has represented major financial institutions, lender steering committees, buy side investors, syndicate agents, credit investors and private equity firms in complex debt restructurings and insolvency proceedings in a broad range of matters and industries, including energy, mining and financial services. He has recently negotiated and structured a number of debt for equity conversions on behalf of debt investor clients which were implemented through pre-packaged and pre-arranged plans of reorganization.
- Represented syndicate agent and steering committee in the restructuring of a $795 million credit facility extended to a global outsourcing and data management company. Following the restructuring, the entity was de-leveraged by approximately $500 million.
- Represented the syndicate agent and steering committee in the restructuring and ultimate payment in full of a $555 million credit facility extended to Preferred Proppants, LLC, a North American mining company. The case was recognized by Turnaround & Workouts as a 2014 Top Restructuring.
- Represented the administrative agent and steering committee in the out-of-court restructuring and debt for equity conversion of a global distressed defense contractor.
- Represented the administrative agent and steering committee in the restructuring of $825 million of first and second lien loans extended to Natural Products Group. Through a pre-packaged bankruptcy, the first lien pre-petition lenders acquired a majority of the equity of the reorganized entity. NPG was voted Restructuring Deal of the Year (Large Middle Market) in 2011.
- Represented the administrative agent in the restructuring and reorganization of U.S. Shipping, a Jones Act coastal shipping company, through a pre-arranged plan of reorganization. Kaye Scholer developed a novel ownership structure which allowed US-based non-resident investment funds to comply with Jones Act US citizenship requirement which facilitated a successful debt for equity conversion.
- Acted on behalf of the administrative agent and a group of four lenders in the restructuring of a $1.2 billion structured construction loan receivables facility extended to Rescap which was repaid in full.
- Represented a lender in connection with approximately $90 million in loans extended to a prominent New York-based for-profit educational institution.
Mark is also active in middle market workouts and insolvencies, and has represented ABL lenders in dozens of matters throughout his career. He has been involved in a broad array of industries over the course of his career, including media, cable, energy, insurance, retail, apparel, shipping, telecommunications and general manufacturing.
In Chambers USA 2015, Mark is recognized as a leading practitioner in Bankruptcy & Restructuring, where he is described as being “very level headed and very good in strategy for his client.” Mark is also recognized by Best Lawyers as well as Legal 500 2014 for his work in corporate restructuring..
- Kaye Scholer Advances in Chambers USA Rankings May 19, 2015
- Bankruptcy & Restructuring Alert: The Price of Oil & the Potential for Master Limited Partnership Restructuring and Insolvencies April 2, 2015
- Kaye Scholer, Debtwire Produce Influential Distressed Debt Market Report February 2015