Mark Liscio is Co-Chair of the Bankruptcy & Restructuring practice group at Kaye Scholer. For over 25 years Mark has represented major financial institutions, steering committees of lenders, syndicate agents, buy side investors and private equity firms in complex debt restructurings and insolvency proceedings in a broad range of matters. Mr. Liscio was lead counsel on behalf of a number of financial institutions and lender groups during the recent credit crisis in a broad range of cases and asset classes, including RMBS and CMBS facilities, media and energy cases. He has recently negotiated and structured a number of debt for equity conversions which have been implemented through pre-packaged and pre-arranged plans of reorganization.MEHR
- Represented the administrative agent and the steering committee in the restructuring of $825 million of first and second lien loans extended to Natural Products Group. Through a pre-packaged bankruptcy, the first lien pre-petition lenders acquired a majority of the equity of the reorganized entity. NPG was voted Restructuring Deal of the Year (Large Middle Market) in 2011.
- Represented CIBC as Administrative Agent in the restructuring and reorganization of U.S. Shipping, a Jones Act coastal shipping company, through a pre-arranged plan of reorganization.
- Represented the Administrative Agent in the New Century and American Home bankruptcy cases and several other mortgage related proceedings.
- Acted on behalf of the Administrative Agent and a group of four lenders in the restructuring of a $1.2 billion structured construction loan receivables facility extended to Rescap which was repaid in full.
- Represented Bank of America in the restructuring of $2 billion of exposure to GMAC.
- Represented the lead arrangers in a complex restructuring of a $6 billion credit facility extended to a merchant energy company.
- Represented Bank of America in connection with all of its extensions of credit to Enron Corp. and its affiliates.
Mr. Liscio is also active in middle market workouts and insolvencies, and has represented ABL lenders in dozens of matters throughout his career. He has been involved in a broad array of industries over the course of his career, including media, energy, insurance, retail, apparel, shipping, telecommunications, cable and general manufacturing.
In Chambers USA 2013, Mr. Liscio is recognized as a leading practitioner in Bankruptcy & Restructuring where he is described as "… not only very strong on legal skills, but his business skills make him a critical partner in complex and long-lived restructuring situations." He has also been recognized in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business. He has chaired and participated in numerous insolvency panels and programs on several topics, including cross-border insolvencies, debtor-in-possession financing and commercial loan workouts.