Benjamin Mintz is a partner in Kaye Scholer’s Bankruptcy & Restructuring Department. Ben has extensive transactional and litigation experience and has played active roles in many high-profile restructuring matters. Ben’s transaction experience is broad-based and includes the negotiating and drafting of complex asset purchase agreements, loan agreements, investment agreements, subordination and intercreditor agreements, factoring agreements, and reorganization plans. He has also been actively involved in litigation matters throughout the country, including bankruptcy courts, federal district courts, state courts and appellate courts.
Ben’s clients include bank groups, lenders, hedge funds, asset managers and other senior secured investors as well as debtors, creditor committees, fiduciaries, equity holders and other creditors. Ben has experience in a variety of industries including health care, energy, real estate, retail, financial, gaming, manufacturing, entertainment, telecommunications, and apparel. Ben also has extensive experience in distressed M&A, having represented both buyers and sellers in complex distressed acquisition transactions, involving operating assets, financial assets and real estate.
- Healthcare Finance Group as the prepetition, DIP and/or exit lender in a number of healthcare bankruptcy proceedings (e.g., Restora, Johnson Memorial Medical Center, KidsPeace, St. Mary’s Hospital, Caritas Healthcare, New York Westchester Square, St. Vincent’s Catholic Medical Center
- Harbinger Capital Partners funds as a lead investor to Delphi Corp. and other matters
- Montefiore Medical Center as buyer of Our Lady of Mercy Medical Center
- The bank groups of Jones Stephens, Tishman DC office portfolio, Aladdin Gaming and Formica Corporation
- The official creditors’ committee of Regus Business Centres
- The prepetition and/or DIP lender in numerous matters (e.g., Foamex, LyondellBasell, Abitibi and Spiegel/Eddie Bauer)
- Capmark in connection with the restructuring and/or sale of distressed loan assets
- Various debtor representations (Geotek Communications, Unitel Video, The Caldor Corporation)
- Rosenthal & Rosenthal, Inc. as lender or factor in various matters
Ben is a recipient of the Healthcare Deal of the Year Award for his work on the reorganization of KidsPeace Corp., presented at the 2014 ACG New York Champion’s Awards.
Ben is a recipient of Thurgood Marshall Award and the 2010 Pro Bono Publico Award.
- Kaye Scholer Helps Gravity Midstream Acquire Crude Oil Terminal June 16, 2015
- Mintz, Rutenberg Present at Debtwire Investors Summit May 13, 2015
- Kaye Scholer, Debtwire Produce Influential Distressed Debt Market Report February 2015