Daphne Morduchowitz is a Partner in Kaye Scholer’s New York office. Her practice focuses on financial services litigation, white collar defense, and complex commercial litigation. Daphne has extensive experience representing individual officers and directors of large publicly traded corporations in both federal and state courts, as well as in connection with regulatory investigations.
Daphne currently serves as a member of the Pro Bono Advisory Council for New York Lawyers for the Public Interest.
- People of the State of New York v. American International Group, Inc., et al. (New York Supreme Court, New York County) (2005–Present) — Representation of former officer and director of AIG in a Martin Act action by the New York State Attorney General.
- Maurice R. Greenberg v. Eliot L. Spitzer (New York Supreme Court, Putnam County) (2013-P) — Representation of plaintiff in a defamation action.
- In Re Kenneth Cole Productions, Inc. Shareholder Litigation (New York State Supreme Court, New York County) (2013-Present) — Representation of Kenneth Cole Productions, Inc. in consolidated shareholder class action litigation in connection with Kenneth Cole's proposal to acquire all outstanding shares of the company.
- In Re American International Group, Inc. Securities Litigation (S.D.N.Y.) (2005–2013) — Representation of former officer and director of AIG in consolidated securities class action litigation.
- The Huff Alternative Fund, L.P., et al. v. Paul C. Kanovos, et al. (New York State Supreme Court, New York County) (2010–2012) — Representation of directors in shareholder derivative litigation.
- In Re American International Group, Inc. Derivative Litigation (S.D.N.Y.) (2005–2011) — Representation of former officer and director of AIG in consolidated derivative litigation.
- Securities and Exchange Commission v. Maurice R. Greenberg and Howard I. Smith (S.D.N.Y.) (2009) — Representation of former officer and director of AIG in a civil enforcement action commenced by the SEC.
- In Re AIG ERISA Litigation (S.D.N.Y.) (2005–2008) — Representation of former officer and director of AIG in ERISA class action litigation.
- The Roman Catholic Diocese of Rockville Centre, New York v. The Incorporated Village of Old Westbury (E.D.N.Y.) (2009–Present) — Representation of plaintiff in an action asserting constitutional claims and claims under the Religious Land Use & Institutionalized Persons Act (RLUIPA).
- Representation of current and former officers of rating agency and bank in connection with various government investigations of structured financial products.
- Representation of large pharmaceutical manufacturer in an action brought by venture capitalists alleging securities fraud and common law causes of action.
- Kaye Scholer Announces 2016 Partner and Counsel Elevations December 11, 2015
- Benchmark Litigation 2016 Recognizes Kaye Scholer for Antitrust, Intellectual Property and Product Liability Work Nationwide October 29, 2015
- Litigation Alert: Supreme Court Clarifies Scope of Section 11 Liability for “False Opinions” in Omnicare Decision March 25, 2015