Ross H. Neihaus is an Associate in Kaye Scholer's Complex Commercial Litigation Department. He has represented clients in cases involving allegations of securities fraud, monopolization, price manipulation, breach of contract, misrepresentation and other business torts.
Ross also provides pro bono services for a variety of community legal organizations, including the Chicago Alliance Against Sexual Exploitation (CAASE), the Jewish Federation of Chicago's Community Legal Services Clinic and the Circuit Court of Cook County's Pro Bono Program for petitioners seeking orders of protection.
Ross recently served as co-counsel in a § 1983 civil rights action against two police officers accused of using excessive force against an arrestee. He performed the direct examination of the plaintiff and the cross examination of one of the defendant police officers, and he delivered the closing argument. The jury decided in favor of the plaintiff and imposed punitive damages against the defendant. Following the verdict, the court commended counsel's "admirable work on this case," stated that "counsel's representation overall was superb," and has twice awarded attorneys' fees.
Ross has also represented numerous victims of domestic violence in evidentiary hearings to obtain Orders of Protection. In those hearings, Ross has delivered opening statements, direct and cross examinations and closing arguments.
Prior to joining the firm, Ross served as an Associate at Dewey & LeBoeuf LLP.
- Currently representing a private equity firm (plaintiff) in a case alleging fraud and breach of contract in connection with its purchase of a portfolio company.
- Currently defending a pharmaceutical manufacturer against claims brought by the federal government and by numerous state governments alleging violation of the federal False Claims Act and various state laws.
- Currently representing a former CEO in connection with an internal investigation following a restatement of the company's audited financial statements and subsequent bankruptcy filing.
- Successfully represented, and obtained two dismissals on behalf of, a for-profit university in a case alleging violation of federal securities laws.
- Obtained a jury verdict in a § 1983 civil rights action against two police officers accused of using excessive force against an arrestee.
- Advised and represented a victim of sexual assault on her interactions with the criminal justice system and in university disciplinary proceedings against the perpetrators of the assault.
- Represented numerous victims of domestic violence in proceedings to obtain Orders of Protection.
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Decalogue Society
- Jewish Federation-Young Leadership Division
- Yad b’Yad
Auf dem Markt
- Ross Neihaus to Speak at UChicago’s Sexual Assault Awareness Week May 20, 2014
- 117 Lawyers and Legal Assistants Honored for Pro Bono Commitment February 25, 2014
- Pro Bono Victory in Excessive Force Trial November 27, 2012