Debra Schreck is Counsel in Kaye Scholer’s Complex Commercial Litigation Department, representing clients in a variety of commercial matters. Debra defends individual and corporate clients in matters related to antitrust, securities and healthcare, including pharmaceutical companies involved in qui tam litigation and state and federal criminal and civil investigations of healthcare fraud. Debra also assists corporate clients in conducting large-scale internal investigations and advises them on matters related to internal compliance programs.
Debra serves on the firm’s Recruiting Committee and is active in the firm’s mentoring program.
- Represents a pharmaceutical manufacturer in litigation brought by the US and various state governments involving allegations of healthcare fraud.
- Represents a pharmaceutical manufacturer in multiple federal litigations brought by qui tam relators involving allegations of healthcare fraud.
- Representation of an international corporation in connection with a pre-merger antitrust investigation by the US Department of Justice, resulting in antitrust clearance.
- Representation of a medical device manufacturer in a multi-district federal investigation involving allegations of off-label promotion and kickbacks.
- Representation of a corporate officer of a technology company in connection with a securities fraud investigation.
- Representation of a government agency official in connection with an ethics probe.
- White Collar Litigation Alert: Department of Justice Issues Memorandum to Federal Prosecutors Regarding Individual Accountability for Corporate Wrongdoing September 11, 2015
- Litigation Alert: Supreme Court Rules on FCA Statute of Limitations and First-to-File Bar June 5, 2015
- Kaye Scholer Obtains Dismissal of Qui Tam Suit Against Novartis March 17, 2015