Thomas Yadlon focuses his practice on corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital investments, equity and debt offerings, and liquidations in- and out-of-bankruptcy. Tom also counsels clients on general corporate matters, including governance and securities laws compliance. He represents a variety of US and international companies, including private equity sponsors, financial institutions, and publicly- and privately-held companies in various industries.
Tom has substantial experience in the representation of private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in a wide variety of transactions, including leveraged acquisitions, recapitalizations, mergers, strategic investments, restructurings and dispositions.
- Representation of American Securities LLC and its portfolio company The United Distribution Group Inc. in the acquisition of GHX Holdings, LLC, a leading distributor of industrial fluid transfer and sealing solutions, forming one of the largest energy focused industrial distribution and service-related companies in North America.
- Represented Onex Corporation and its affiliates in their investment of $871 million in JELD-WEN, a leading manufacturer of residential and light commercial interior and exterior doors, windows and related products.
- Represented J.W. Childs Associates and Merrill Lynch Global Private Equity in the acquisition of Advantage Sales & Marketing Inc. (“ASM”) for approximately $1.05 billion, and the subsequent sale to Apax Partners for $1.8 billion. ASM is a leading sales and marketing agency in the US, providing outsourced sales, marketing and merchandising services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of consumer goods.
- Represented American Securities in its acquisition of Unifrax, the leading global manufacturer of high-temperature insulating fiber products.
- Represented GSC Group, an investment manager that managed a diverse portfolio of private equity, mezzanine loan, and distressed funds and CLO/CDOs in the US and Europe and had $28 billion of assets under management at its peak, in the sale of its assets under section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code and other corporate matters in its Chapter 11 case.
- Represented Tequila Avión, an ultra premium tequila brand, in its agreement with Pernod Ricard, the world’s co-leader in spirits and wines, granting exclusive global distribution rights to Pernod Ricard, which also acquired a minority interest in the burgeoning brand.
Auf dem Markt
- Kaye Scholer Advises Novartis on Key Immunotherapy Alliance with Aduro April 2015
- Kaye Scholer Ranks #1 on SNL Financial League Tables for Insurance M&A Deals July 15, 2014
- Kaye Scholer Assists Avion Tequila in Sale of Majority Equity Stake of Avion Spirits Joint Venture to Pernod Ricard July 11, 2014