Sandra Pfister is a Partner and a German-qualified corporate finance lawyer in Kaye Scholer’s Finance group. Sandra has extensive experience advising both banks and borrowers on a wide variety of corporate and structured finance transactions, including acquisition finance (both public bids and leveraged acquisitions), syndicated and bilateral lending, project finance, trade finance (including ECA covered deals), real estate finance, debt restructurings and Schuldschein loans (loan notes), as well as other general banking matters, both cross-border and in Germany. Additionally, her experience includes equity capital/PE financings as well as international debt and equity capital markets transactions such as corporate bond offerings (including high yields, LYONs, convertible and exchangeable bonds), IPOs, dual listings (including on NASDAQ), rights offerings and mandatory bids.
A particular focus of Sandra’s practice is on energy and infrastructure projects. She has advised on all aspects of these projects, from pre-development through to equity injection, construction and long-term financing and operation and management. Clients have included leading lenders (such as commercial and investment banks, development finance institutions, export credit agencies as well as alternative finance providers), sponsors (such as concession and construction companies) and borrowers.
Sandra is a recognized lawyer for “Banking & Finance: Acquisition Finance and Syndicated Lending” in Germany by Chambers Global (2012-2015) and Chambers Europe (2012-2015) and is among the few “frequently recommended lawyer[s] for lending and acquisition finance work” by JUVE (2009-2015). Sandra has additionally been included in the 2015 and 2016 editions of Best Lawyers in Germany as one of Germany’s most outstanding lawyers for Project Finance and Development.
According to Chambers Global, clients appreciate her “prowess in acquisition finance and project finance” and describe her as “super – she has a very good knowledge, […] is extremely motivated and […] explains complex structures in a way we understand.” Moreover, clients note, “she is not only technically strong but a very good leader and tough with competitors” and that “she’s very responsive and commercial – a real asset to us on a transaction.” Sandra’s work additionally helped earn Kaye Scholer repeat rankings in Germany for “Financial and Corporate: Banking – Other Notable” in IFLR1000 (most recently in the 2016 edition) as well as regular rankings in JUVE (most recently in the 2015/2016 edition) as a recommended firm for project finance work.
- Representation of pbb Deutsche Pfandbriefbank on its €36 million financing for a subsidiary of WCM Beteiligungs- und Grundbesitz-AG of the “Trevista” office building in Eschborn near Frankfurt.
- Representation of GPEP GmbH, as portfolio manager, and Universal-Investment-Gesellschaft mbH on their acquisition for a special real estate fund of various opportunistic specialist retailers and retail parks with a total rental space of approximately 26,000 square meters.
- Representation of MDax®-listed Rheinmetall Aktiengesellschaft in connection with its €500 million revolving credit facility arranged by Commerzbank Aktiengesellschaft, Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank and Norddeutsche Landesbank – Girozentrale with a term of five years and two extension options of one year each (“5+1+1”).
- Representation of tool manufacturer Rothenberger AG in connection with its €75 million syndicated refinancing transaction comprising a term loan facility, a revolving facility as well as an acquisition facility.
- Representation of a leading global financial services firm and one of the largest banking institutions in the world in connection with its KfW-secured refinancing of a Euler/Hermes‑covered loan.
- Representation of one of the world’s largest financial institutions in connection with their global cash management arrangements for a German DAX® company.
- Representation of the 328 Group in connection with the sale of its aviation companies to Sierra Nevada Corporation.
- Representation of a global first-tier supplier to the automotive industry in connection with various guaranteed working capital financings for its subsidiaries in Brazil, China and India.
- Representation VanDeMark Chemical Inc., a portfolio company of Uni‑World Capital L.P., in connection with the debt financing of its acquisition of Framochem Kft., a leading European-based manufacturer of specialty chemicals, from Isochem S.A.S., a portfolio company of Aurelius AG.
- Representation of the founding partners in the creation (PE structure) of the independent German real estate investment banking boutique Victoria Partners GmbH.
- Representation of a portfolio company of American Securities LLC on its acquisition financing of a leading German glass-based products group.
- Representation of one of the world’s largest financial institutions in connection with its KfW-secured refinancing of a US$190 million ECA-covered loan to a Mexican subsidiary of a German DAX® company.
- Representation of a leading international bank on global supply chain financing arrangements (reverse factoring).
- Representation of American Securities LLC on certain aspects of its approx. US$590 million secured credit facility concluded in connection with its acquisition of Unifrax I LLC.
- Representation of MDax®-listed Rheinmetall Aktiengesellschaft in connection with its €500 million revolving credit facility arranged by Bayerische Landesbank, The Royal Bank of Scotland plc and UniCredit Bank AG as well as its €500 million 4% benchmark bond due 2017.
- Representation of a global first-tier supplier to the automotive industry on its contemplated €300+ million post-IPO working capital financing.
- Representation of the MLAs, the EIB as well as various sponsors on four of the six successfully closed German roads PPPs, including the financing of the A5 roads PPP, the IFLR 2010 “Project Finance Deal of the Year.”
- Representation of NIBC Bank N.V. and KfW IPEX-Bank in connection with the project financing for the Potsdam Parliament building, the first government building to be realized as a PPP.
- Representation of SEB AG on its project co‑financing of HKM’s coking plant extension.
- Representation of various international financial institutions and corporations in connection with (structured) loan notes (incl. BBVA, a member of the Tatneft group and, most recently, Rheinmetall Aktiengesellschaft) and ECA-covered financings.
In The Market
- Chambers Global 2016 Recognizes Kaye Scholer Lawyers March 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Deutsche Pfandbriefbank on Financing “Trevista” Office Building in Eschborn February 4, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises GPEP and Universal-Investment on Acquisition of German Retail Parks January 26, 2016 • Client Successes