Kathryn (Koenig) Schmanski is an attorney in Kaye Scholer LLP's Bankruptcy & Restructuring Department. She concentrates her practice in all aspects of corporate restructuring, bankruptcy, and insolvency proceedings. Ms. Schmanski has also represented clients in a number of litigation and litigation-related matters.
- Advised Liberty Tire Recycling in its out-of-court restructuring. Liberty is North America’s premier provider of tire recycling services, with headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA and facilities throughout the US and Canada. Liberty restructured its senior notes through an exchange offer completed in only seven (7) days, with participation from 99% of the noteholders. The restructuring featured a “plan toggle” that would have enabled Liberty to convert to a “prepackaged” chapter 11 case had the exchange not garnered the required support.
- Represented Deutsche Bank Trust Company Americas, as administrative agent, and a group of lenders led by Eaton Vance, Credit Suisse, Invesco and Oppenheimer Funds in the restructuring of IAP Worldwide Services, Inc. and certain of its subsidiaries and affiliates. IAP's debt-for-equity out-of-court restructuring is the first of its kind for a defense contractor.
- Represented agent for senior lenders in “secured party” sale of 560-condo development in Washington, DC. Sale was completed through a prepackaged chapter 11 plan confirmed in 60 days (D. Del.).
- Represented hedge fund in purchase of large condo development in Orlando, Florida out of a pending bankruptcy proceeding.
- Represented several tier I and tier II auto suppliers, media companies, a trucking company and a gaming company in contested chapter 11 proceedings with cross-border implications.
- Advised internationally-known leading money transfer company in its out of court restructuring discussions.
In the Market
- Kaye Scholer Announces New Counsel for 2015 December 15, 2014
- Kaye Scholer Represents Lender Group in IAP Worldwide Restructuring July 21, 2014
- Kaye Scholer’s Chicago Office Receives Two Tier 1 Rankings from U.S.News & World Report/Best Lawyers November 17, 2011