“Carbon Credit Trading Schemes at U.S.-Based Trading Exchanges and Existing and Proposed U.S. ‘Cap and Trade Regulation’”
Many state legislative initiatives have been undertaken to regulate carbon and other emissions and to establish regional "cap and trade" systems. For example, 18 states are working toward greenhouse gas reduction targets and 27 states are working on regulations requiring the use of renewable energy sources to generate electricity. Future Federal legislation will likely be based on the success and failure of such initiatives.
Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative, the first mandatory, market-based
effort in the U.S. to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- The Midwestern Regional Greenhouse Gas Reduction Accord
- The Energy Security and Climate Stewardship Platform for the Midwest
- The Western Climate Initiative
- The California Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006
- The Chicago Climate Exchange
- The NYMEX Green Exchange
- The NYSE Euronext BLUENEXT Exchange.
January 14, 2009 8:00am to 10:00am
Download: Presentation (pdf 122954 bytes)