Tax and Other Benefits for Renewable Energy Projects and Energy-Efficient Programs Under the 2009 Economic Stimulus Legislation
Kaye Scholer LLP and The Royal Bank of Scotland presented a seminar as part of Kaye Scholer’s GreenTech Breakfast Seminar Series.
The economic stimulus legislation includes federal grants and tax relief in a number of areas, such as renewable energy projects and energy-efficient programs. This seminar provided information on navigating the opportunities presented by the legislation.
- Extension of the renewable energy production tax credit
- Expansion of the investment tax credit available for renewable energy projects
- Availability of Treasury grants in lieu of tax benefits
- Impact of the new tax rules upon the equity structure of certain renewable energy projects
- New manufacturing facility tax credits
- Expansion of the “new clean renewable energy bonds” and qualified energy conservation bonds provisions
- Availability of grants from agencies other than the Treasury Department for energy-efficient programs.
This chart breaks down the opportunities presented by the legislation and provides information on the types of businesses that may qualify for funding.
May 7, 2009 8:30am to 10:00am
Download: Chart (PDF 40869 bytes)