On June 2, 2009, Kaye Scholer held its annual Pro Bono Awards Event to honor the 118 lawyers in the New York office who contributed 50 or more hours of pro bono legal services in 2008. The guest speaker was Elisa Massimino, the CEO and Executive Director of Human Rights First, one of the nation's leading human rights advocacy organizations and the referral source for more than 20 of the pro bono asylum cases handled by our lawyers. Ms. Massimino, who was named one of the top 20 public advocates in the country by the influential Washington, DC newspaper The Hill, thanked Kaye Scholer for its longstanding commitment to helping refugees from around the world to escape persecution in their home countries and start a new life in the United States.
In addition, certificates of excellence were awarded to sixteen lawyers for five consecutive years of 50+ hours of pro bono work.
Also of Interest
- Kaye Scholer Named a Law360 Pro Bono Firm of the Year October 4, 2016 • Recognitions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Summer Associates Successfully Assist Transgender Clients July 27, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Pro Bono Victory for Father Falsely Accused of Child Abuse July 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Chicago Team Receives 2016 Award for Excellence in Pro Bono Service May 25, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Are “Prevailing Parties” in Transgender Birth Certificate Case... May 10, 2016 • Client Successes
- Assad Rajani Awarded Two California Pro Bono Distinctions April 26, 2016 • Recognitions
- Jungermann and Steger Counsel Water Integrity Network on Libel Law March 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Ninth Circuit’s En Banc Decision in Wolfson Validates Kaye Scholer Pro Bono Efforts... February 3, 2016 • Client Successes