David K. Barr and Daniel L. Reisner served as Co-Chairs of PLI’s Developments in Pharmaceutical and Biotech Patent Law 2010 on September 16, 2010, in New York. Pharmaceutical and biotech patent law is an important and rapidly changing practice area and the program concentrated on new developments from 2010 and placing them in the context of constantly evolving areas of the law.
Areas presented included:
- Top pharmaceutical and biotech decisions from 2010
- Continued developments in the law governing the patentability of active pharmaceutical products from the Federal Circuit and District Court perspectives
- Section 112 developments regarding enablement and written description requirements and how they apply to compounds, antibodies, nucleic acids, methods of treatment and pharmaceutical compositions
- Section 101 developments on utility and patentable subject matter
- Integrating changes in the law from 2010 into prosecution strategies and practices
September 16, 2010