Litigation partner and leader of the firm’s Global Cybersecurity & Privacy Group Adam Golodner and Litigation partner and co-chair James Herschlein participated in Benchmark Litigation’s inaugural Benchmark Data Security & Privacy Forum on February 11, 2016 in New York. The forum covered the latest developments in privacy law and provided attendees the opportunity to network with other professionals working in the privacy, litigation and IP legal fields.
Golodner moderated a panel on how to avoid the pitfalls of big data, which covered:
- legal obligations under the ADA, HIPAA, GINA and other health and privacy laws;
- cyber-coverage policies, including ensuring you are properly insured against cybercrime and other data breaches;
- lessons learned from Anthem breach and how to limit future risks;
- applying the NIST cybersecurity framework;
- insuring against cyber liability damages; and
- biomedical progress versus privacy.
Herschlein covered a panel on trade secrets in relation to commercial privacy where he discussed the Defend Trade Secrets Acts of 2015, how employers may benefit, details of the law and updates on legislation, and how this intersects with existing data, security privacy and employment law.
Where & When
February 11, 2016Convene Times Square, NY