Kaye Scholer represented the nine-person special committee of the board of directors of Harrah's Entertainment Inc., which was advised as to financial matters by UBS Securities, in reviewing the company's strategic alternatives including negotiating the merger agreement dated December 19, 2006, with private equity firms Texas Pacific Group and Apollo Management LP, pursuant to which Harrah's stockholders will receive $90 per share in cash. The purchase price reflects a total enterprise value of approximately $27.8 billion, inclusive of the assumption or refinance of $10.7 billion in debt, making the transaction one of the five largest private equity buyouts at the time. The deal was targeted to close in approximately twelve months, subject to stockholder and regulatory approvals. Harrah's is the world's largest casino company by revenue, operating over 40 casinos in the U.S., including Caesars Palace, and more than 10 casinos overseas.
The Kaye Scholer M&A team was led by partners Barry L. Dastin, Russ A. Cashdan and William E. Wallace, Jr., the finance team was led by partners Emanuel S. Cherney and Sheryl Gittlitz, and the litigation team related to certain actions filed in Nevada and Delaware was led by partners Aton Arbisser and Phillip A. Geraci.
Also of Interest
- Kaye Scholer Advises Celestica in Asset Acquisition from Karel Manufacturing December 9, 2016 • Client Successes
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Golodner Quoted in IFLR on Proposed NYS Digital Security Laws November 29, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- The Strategic View—Aviation UK November 17, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Who’s the Lender? Two “True Lender” Cases with Implications for Marketplace Platforms November 10, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions