Kaye Scholer represented the nine-person special committee of the board of directors of Harrah's Entertainment Inc., which was advised as to financial matters by UBS Securities, in reviewing the company's strategic alternatives including negotiating the merger agreement dated December 19, 2006, with private equity firms Texas Pacific Group and Apollo Management LP, pursuant to which Harrah's stockholders will receive $90 per share in cash. The purchase price reflects a total enterprise value of approximately $27.8 billion, inclusive of the assumption or refinance of $10.7 billion in debt, making the transaction one of the five largest private equity buyouts at the time. The deal was targeted to close in approximately twelve months, subject to stockholder and regulatory approvals. Harrah's is the world's largest casino company by revenue, operating over 40 casinos in the U.S., including Caesars Palace, and more than 10 casinos overseas.
The Kaye Scholer M&A team was led by partners Barry L. Dastin, Russ A. Cashdan and William E. Wallace, Jr., the finance team was led by partners Emanuel S. Cherney and Sheryl Gittlitz, and the litigation team related to certain actions filed in Nevada and Delaware was led by partners Aton Arbisser and Phillip A. Geraci.
Also of Interest
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions
- What’s Really Remarkable about the Appeals Court Ruling on the CFPB October 20, 2016 • Articles
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Asghar Quoted in Airfinance Journal on Iran Aseman Airlines October 10, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions