Kaye Scholer Representing Lutron in Complaints Against Leviton in U.S. Federal Court and International Trade Commission
Kaye Scholer is representing Lutron Electronics, the world's leading designer and manufacturer of lighting controls, lighting control systems and shading solutions, in complaints filed against Leviton Manufacturing Company with the International Trade Commission (ITC) and in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas. The complaints allege that Leviton has infringed Lutron patents covering a wide spectrum of proprietary Lutron lighting control and wireless technology and has sold products made to look like Lutron's popular Maestro® dimmers.
In the complaint to the ITC, Lutron charges that Leviton is importing into the United States lighting control products made in Mexico and China that infringe on four U.S. Patents held by Lutron. These patents protect a variety of Lutron dimmers and switches including lighting control systems that wirelessly communicate.
Lutron's federal court complaint requests that Leviton be enjoined from further infringement of the four U.S. Patents mentioned in the ITC complaint and an additional fifth U.S. Patent, and that Leviton be ordered to pay damages for willful infringement of those patents. The federal court complaint also alleges that Leviton has engaged in other forms of infringement of Lutron's intellectual property and in other forms of unfair competition.
The Kaye Scholer team that prepared the complaint includes partners James D. Herschlein and David S. Benyacar. Assisting in preparing the cases for discovery and trial are associate John S. Cahalan, and former summer associates Lauren Attard, Erica Gersowitz, Penelope Jensen and Scott Levine.
Also of Interest
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Shape of Things to Come: Protecting Product Configuration and Packaging Design September 26, 2016 • Articles
- On the Road to a Safe and Secure Internet of Things: What Companies Should Do September 19, 2016 • Articles
- Druckenbrodt Quoted in Bloomberg on Volkswagen Dieselgate September 14, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Arbisser Featured in The Recorder and Law360... September 7, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Following Five-Day Trial, Kaye Scholer Secures Win for Medicalgorithmics August 25, 2016 • Client Successes
- Doing Deals with Competitors: Beware of Taking Minority Equity Stakes or Board Seats August 24, 2016 • Articles