Kaye Scholer Representing Lutron in Complaints Against Leviton in U.S. Federal Court and International Trade Commission
Kaye Scholer is representing Lutron Electronics, the world's leading designer and manufacturer of lighting controls, lighting control systems and shading solutions, in complaints filed against Leviton Manufacturing Company with the International Trade Commission (ITC) and in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas. The complaints allege that Leviton has infringed Lutron patents covering a wide spectrum of proprietary Lutron lighting control and wireless technology and has sold products made to look like Lutron's popular Maestro® dimmers.
In the complaint to the ITC, Lutron charges that Leviton is importing into the United States lighting control products made in Mexico and China that infringe on four U.S. Patents held by Lutron. These patents protect a variety of Lutron dimmers and switches including lighting control systems that wirelessly communicate.
Lutron's federal court complaint requests that Leviton be enjoined from further infringement of the four U.S. Patents mentioned in the ITC complaint and an additional fifth U.S. Patent, and that Leviton be ordered to pay damages for willful infringement of those patents. The federal court complaint also alleges that Leviton has engaged in other forms of infringement of Lutron's intellectual property and in other forms of unfair competition.
The Kaye Scholer team that prepared the complaint includes partners James D. Herschlein and David S. Benyacar. Assisting in preparing the cases for discovery and trial are associate John S. Cahalan, and former summer associates Lauren Attard, Erica Gersowitz, Penelope Jensen and Scott Levine.
Also of Interest
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions
- What’s Really Remarkable about the Appeals Court Ruling on the CFPB October 20, 2016 • Articles
- Maier Plans Emergency Response with Fort Meade and Fort Detrick Commanders October 20, 2016 • Client Successes
- Winning the War: Strategies for Prevailing in Consumer Fraud and False Advertising... October 17, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- 3D Printing: New Legal Issues Emerge with the Technology’s Revolutionary Potential October 10, 2016 • Articles
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- Antitrust Jurisprudence in the Second Circuit October 1, 2016 • Articles
- And Now A Word From The Panel: 3 Alternatives To MDLs September 28, 2016 • Articles