Kaye Scholer represented Universal Hospital Services, Inc. in its sale to Bear Stearns Merchant Banking, the private equity affiliate of The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. Universal Hospital Services, Inc., the leading medical equipment outsourcing company in the country, is currently owned by the private equity firms J.W. Childs Associates, The Halifax Group and by UHS management. The transaction is valued at approximately $712 million and is expected to close in the second quarter of 2007. Previously, Kaye Scholer represented J.W. Childs and Halifax Capital Partners in the $300 million leveraged recapitalization of Universal Hospital Services, Inc.
The Kaye Scholer corporate team consisted of Stephen Koval and Thomas Yadlon. Other Kaye Scholer attorneys participating in the transaction were Laurie Abramowitz (tax), Arthur Woodard (employee benefits) and Connie Ericson (environmental).
Also of Interest
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- Kaye Scholer Advises The Mortgage Lender on £250 Million Warehouse Financing September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes