Kaye Scholer represented Universal Hospital Services, Inc. in its sale to Bear Stearns Merchant Banking, the private equity affiliate of The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. Universal Hospital Services, Inc., the leading medical equipment outsourcing company in the country, is currently owned by the private equity firms J.W. Childs Associates, The Halifax Group and by UHS management. The transaction is valued at approximately $712 million and is expected to close in the second quarter of 2007. Previously, Kaye Scholer represented J.W. Childs and Halifax Capital Partners in the $300 million leveraged recapitalization of Universal Hospital Services, Inc.
The Kaye Scholer corporate team consisted of Stephen Koval and Thomas Yadlon. Other Kaye Scholer attorneys participating in the transaction were Laurie Abramowitz (tax), Arthur Woodard (employee benefits) and Connie Ericson (environmental).
Also of Interest
- SEC Adopts New Rules: Fund Liquidity, Reporting and Disclosure, and “Swing Pricing” December 6, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Golodner Quoted in IFLR on Proposed NYS Digital Security Laws November 29, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- The Strategic View—Aviation UK November 17, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Who’s the Lender? Two “True Lender” Cases with Implications for Marketplace Platforms November 10, 2016 • Client Alerts