Kaye Scholer represented Universal Hospital Services, Inc. in its sale to Bear Stearns Merchant Banking, the private equity affiliate of The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. Universal Hospital Services, Inc., the leading medical equipment outsourcing company in the country, is currently owned by the private equity firms J.W. Childs Associates, The Halifax Group and by UHS management. The transaction is valued at approximately $712 million and is expected to close in the second quarter of 2007. Previously, Kaye Scholer represented J.W. Childs and Halifax Capital Partners in the $300 million leveraged recapitalization of Universal Hospital Services, Inc.
The Kaye Scholer corporate team consisted of Stephen Koval and Thomas Yadlon. Other Kaye Scholer attorneys participating in the transaction were Laurie Abramowitz (tax), Arthur Woodard (employee benefits) and Connie Ericson (environmental).
Also of Interest
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- What’s Really Remarkable about the Appeals Court Ruling on the CFPB October 20, 2016 • Articles
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Asghar Quoted in Airfinance Journal on Iran Aseman Airlines October 10, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions