Kaye Scholer represented Meggitt plc, the international aerospace, defense and electronics group, and its U.S. subsidiary, Meggitt-USA, Inc., in the acquisition completed in late June 2007 of K&F Industries Holdings, Inc. at an enterprise value of approximately U.S. $1.8 billion. K&F is a leading integrated supplier of wheels, brakes, fuel tanks and other products for the global aerospace and defense industry. The acquisition was funded in part by an equity rights issue with the balance from a new debt facility.
The Kaye Scholer M&A team was led by Barry L. Dastin and Glenn D. Smith. Regulatory clearances were handled by Claudia R. Higgins and Jennifer B. Patterson; Hart-Scott-Rodino-related matters were handled by Peter Danias; and Exon-Florio-related matters were handled by Chris Griner and Farhad Jalinous.
Also of Interest
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Doing Deals with Competitors: Beware of Taking Minority Equity Stakes or Board Seats August 24, 2016 • Articles
- China’s Buying Spree: Is It Real and Sustainable? August 24, 2016 • Articles
- Beware the Interplay Between Indemnification Provisions and D&O Advancement Provisions... August 24, 2016 • Articles
- Delaware Court Endorses Share Tracing in Order to Deny Appraisal Claims in Dell Merger August 24, 2016 • Articles
- 2016 Amendments to Delaware General Corporate Law Include Revisions to... August 22, 2016 • Articles