Kaye Scholer is representing Munich-based globally active chemical company Wacker Chemie AG in the $265 million acquisition of full ownership of its joint ventures with Air Products & Chemicals, Inc. Wacker's acquisition from its long-time joint venture partner focuses on the ventures' activities in vinyl acetate ethylene-based dispersions and dispersible polymer powders, and includes production facilities located in Calvert City, KY, South Brunswick, NJ, Cologne, Germany, and Ulsan, Korea, and commercial and research capabilities in Lehigh Valley, PA, and Burghausen, Germany. The sale, subject to regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions, is expected to be completed during the first quarter of 2008.
The Kaye Scholer team included partners Michael Blechman, Adam Golden, Jennifer Patterson and Thomas Yadlon, and associate Connie Ericson. Also working on the transaction were partners John Geelan, Arthur Woodard and Willys Schneider, and associate David Sausen.
Also of Interest
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- GIR 100 Names Kaye Scholer a World Leader in Cross-Border Investigations October 10, 2016 • Recognitions
- Antitrust Jurisprudence in the Second Circuit October 1, 2016 • Articles
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Morgenstern, Patterson Assess Second Circuit’s Antitrust Legacy in Fordham Law Review September 19, 2016 • Articles
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes