Kaye Scholer is representing Munich-based globally active chemical company Wacker Chemie AG in the $265 million acquisition of full ownership of its joint ventures with Air Products & Chemicals, Inc. Wacker's acquisition from its long-time joint venture partner focuses on the ventures' activities in vinyl acetate ethylene-based dispersions and dispersible polymer powders, and includes production facilities located in Calvert City, KY, South Brunswick, NJ, Cologne, Germany, and Ulsan, Korea, and commercial and research capabilities in Lehigh Valley, PA, and Burghausen, Germany. The sale, subject to regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions, is expected to be completed during the first quarter of 2008.
The Kaye Scholer team included partners Michael Blechman, Adam Golden, Jennifer Patterson and Thomas Yadlon, and associate Connie Ericson. Also working on the transaction were partners John Geelan, Arthur Woodard and Willys Schneider, and associate David Sausen.
Also of Interest
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Doing Deals with Competitors: Beware of Taking Minority Equity Stakes or Board Seats August 24, 2016 • Articles
- China’s Buying Spree: Is It Real and Sustainable? August 24, 2016 • Articles
- Beware the Interplay Between Indemnification Provisions and D&O Advancement Provisions... August 24, 2016 • Articles
- Delaware Court Endorses Share Tracing in Order to Deny Appraisal Claims in Dell Merger August 24, 2016 • Articles
- 2016 Amendments to Delaware General Corporate Law Include Revisions to... August 22, 2016 • Articles
- M&A and Corporate Governance Newsletter Summer 2016 August 2016 • Reports / Newsletters