On January 28, 2008, following receipt of all required regulatory approvals, the parties completed the $27.8 billion sale of Harrah's Entertainment Inc. to private equity firms TPG and Apollo Management. Kaye Scholer represented the nine-person special committee of the Harrah's board of directors which negotiated the merger agreement which provides for former Harrah's stockholders to receive $90 per share in cash. The purchase price reflects a total equity value of approximately $17.1 billion, plus the assumption and incurrence of $10.7 billion in debt. Harrah's is the world's largest casino company by revenue, operating 50 casinos worldwide under the Harrah's, Caesars and Horseshoe brand names, among others.
The Kaye Scholer M&A team was led by partners Barry L. Dastin, Russ A. Cashdan and William E. Wallace, Jr., the finance team included partners Al Fenster, Richard Smolev, Emanuel S. Cherney and Sheryl Gittlitz, the tax team was led by Sydney E. Unger, the benefits and labor team was led by Arthur F. Woodard and William C. Zifchak and the litigation team related to certain actions filed in Nevada and Delaware was led by partners Aton Arbisser and Phillip A. Geraci.
Also of Interest
- Culhane Quoted in Private Funds Management on Fund-Related Legal Fees October 25, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- What’s Really Remarkable about the Appeals Court Ruling on the CFPB October 20, 2016 • Articles
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Winning the War: Strategies for Prevailing in Consumer Fraud and False Advertising... October 17, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- 3D Printing: New Legal Issues Emerge with the Technology’s Revolutionary Potential October 10, 2016 • Articles
- Asghar Quoted in Airfinance Journal on Iran Aseman Airlines October 10, 2016 • Media Mentions