On January 28, 2008, following receipt of all required regulatory approvals, the parties completed the $27.8 billion sale of Harrah's Entertainment Inc. to private equity firms TPG and Apollo Management. Kaye Scholer represented the nine-person special committee of the Harrah's board of directors which negotiated the merger agreement which provides for former Harrah's stockholders to receive $90 per share in cash. The purchase price reflects a total equity value of approximately $17.1 billion, plus the assumption and incurrence of $10.7 billion in debt. Harrah's is the world's largest casino company by revenue, operating 50 casinos worldwide under the Harrah's, Caesars and Horseshoe brand names, among others.
The Kaye Scholer M&A team was led by partners Barry L. Dastin, Russ A. Cashdan and William E. Wallace, Jr., the finance team included partners Al Fenster, Richard Smolev, Emanuel S. Cherney and Sheryl Gittlitz, the tax team was led by Sydney E. Unger, the benefits and labor team was led by Arthur F. Woodard and William C. Zifchak and the litigation team related to certain actions filed in Nevada and Delaware was led by partners Aton Arbisser and Phillip A. Geraci.
Also of Interest
- Shape of Things to Come: Protecting Product Configuration and Packaging Design September 26, 2016 • Articles
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions
- On the Road to a Safe and Secure Internet of Things: What Companies Should Do September 19, 2016 • Articles
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Druckenbrodt Quoted in Bloomberg on Volkswagen Dieselgate September 14, 2016 • Media Mentions
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Arbisser Featured in The Recorder and Law360... September 7, 2016 • Media Mentions