Kaye Scholer LLP announced that James Blank has joined the firm's Intellectual Property Practice Group, as Partner, in its New York office, effective July 1, 2008.
Mr. Blank's practice focuses on patent litigation. His experience includes litigating patent cases involving liquid crystal displays, communications cables, video game systems, web analytics, digital mammography, Internet ad serving, and Internet browsers. He has been lead counsel in numerous patent litigations and, as such, has first chaired or co-first chaired Markman hearings, trials and arbitrations. Mr. Blank also has experience litigating cases involving false advertising and unfair competition, trademark, trade dress, and trade secret matters.
"I am very pleased to be joining Kaye Scholer," Mr. Blank said. "The firm's premier Intellectual Property Practice fits naturally with my experience. I particularly look forward to working with Alan Fisch, Scott Lindvall, David Benyacar and the other technology-focused patent litigators at the firm to grow this area of Kaye Scholer's Patent Litigation Practice."
A member of the bars of the States of New York and Connecticut, and admitted to practice in the United States district courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, the Western District of Wisconsin, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, Mr. Blank received his undergraduate degree from the University of Pennsylvania and his law degree from New York Law School.
Mr. Blank joins Kaye Scholer from Latham & Watkins LLP, where he was a partner in the firm's Intellectual Property and Technology Practice Group.
In the just-released Legal 500 – United States 2008, Kaye Scholer is ranked in the top tier for Intellectual Property: Patent Litigation – Life Sciences/Chemical. Legal 500 noted: "Kaye Scholer's patent group has a strong name in the life sciences industry, receiving glowing references from clients who repeatedly note the firm's 'responsiveness', 'thorough analysis' and 'comprehensive understanding of technology' among its merits. One long-standing client remarks how the firm 'provides a certain insight I don't think anyone else has'." Legal 500 further noted, "The firm has been making inroads into other industries such as telecoms and electronics, while work is also done in the areas of business models and medical devices."
Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers (2008) noted: "This firm is widely respected for its IP litigation. Observers agree that it has 'always done a great job' in patent disputes, especially in the biotech and pharmaceutical industries."
Also of Interest
- On the Road to a Safe and Secure Internet of Things: What Companies Should Do September 19, 2016 • Articles
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Doing Deals with Competitors: Beware of Taking Minority Equity Stakes or Board Seats August 24, 2016 • Articles
- UNITED STATES: Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015 Strengthens... August 23, 2016 • Articles
- UNITED STATES: Phantom Mark Depicting Arrangement of Numerical Financial Data... August 23, 2016 • Articles
- Daily Journal Names Malecek Among the “Top 75 Intellectual Property Litigators” August 17, 2016 • Recognitions
- Best Lawyers 2017 Recognizes 41 Kaye Scholer Lawyers August 15, 2016 • Recognitions
- 3D Printing: New Life Sciences Technology and Old Product Liability Claims August 1, 2016 • Articles