Kaye Scholer represented American Securities Capital Partners, LLC in its acquisition of Liberty Tire Services, LLC, a Pittsburgh-based tire recycler. Liberty Tire, the country's largest operator of used-tire collection, processing and disposal service facilities, collects used tires and recycles them into value-added products. It recycles nearly 25% of America's total annual scrap tire production through a network of 14 plants in Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, North Carolina, South Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Texas. Liberty Tire processes scrap tires into a wide range of products, including finely ground crumb rubber for use in artificial turf installation and molded rubber goods, tire-derived fuel and wire-free rubber nuggets used in playground safety surfacing. Liberty Tire's management will continue with the company in partnership with American Securities.
The Kaye Scholer team included Corporate & Finance Department Partners Emanuel S. Cherney and Sheryl Gittlitz; Tax Partners Laurie Abramowitz, Willys H. Schneider and Jeffrey L. London; Litigation Partner Jay P. Mayesh; Real Estate Counsel Victoria H. Frankenburg; Tax Counsel Mary Lou Zwick; Corporate & Finance Department Associates Peter Danias and Lowell I. Dashefsky.
Also of Interest
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- What’s Really Remarkable about the Appeals Court Ruling on the CFPB October 20, 2016 • Articles
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Winning the War: Strategies for Prevailing in Consumer Fraud and False Advertising... October 17, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- 3D Printing: New Legal Issues Emerge with the Technology’s Revolutionary Potential October 10, 2016 • Articles
- Asghar Quoted in Airfinance Journal on Iran Aseman Airlines October 10, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles