Kaye Scholer represented American Securities Capital Partners, LLC in its acquisition of Liberty Tire Services, LLC, a Pittsburgh-based tire recycler. Liberty Tire, the country's largest operator of used-tire collection, processing and disposal service facilities, collects used tires and recycles them into value-added products. It recycles nearly 25% of America's total annual scrap tire production through a network of 14 plants in Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, North Carolina, South Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Texas. Liberty Tire processes scrap tires into a wide range of products, including finely ground crumb rubber for use in artificial turf installation and molded rubber goods, tire-derived fuel and wire-free rubber nuggets used in playground safety surfacing. Liberty Tire's management will continue with the company in partnership with American Securities.
The Kaye Scholer team included Corporate & Finance Department Partners Emanuel S. Cherney and Sheryl Gittlitz; Tax Partners Laurie Abramowitz, Willys H. Schneider and Jeffrey L. London; Litigation Partner Jay P. Mayesh; Real Estate Counsel Victoria H. Frankenburg; Tax Counsel Mary Lou Zwick; Corporate & Finance Department Associates Peter Danias and Lowell I. Dashefsky.
Also of Interest
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- And Now A Word From The Panel: MDL Venue Choices November 30, 2016 • Articles
- Golodner Quoted in IFLR on Proposed NYS Digital Security Laws November 29, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- The Strategic View—Aviation UK November 17, 2016 • Articles
- Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association Honors Waks November 17, 2016 • Recognitions
- Second Circuit Expands Split on Nominative Fair Use November 16, 2016 • Articles