Kaye Scholer represented American Securities Capital Partners, LLC in its acquisition of Liberty Tire Services, LLC, a Pittsburgh-based tire recycler. Liberty Tire, the country's largest operator of used-tire collection, processing and disposal service facilities, collects used tires and recycles them into value-added products. It recycles nearly 25% of America's total annual scrap tire production through a network of 14 plants in Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, North Carolina, South Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Texas. Liberty Tire processes scrap tires into a wide range of products, including finely ground crumb rubber for use in artificial turf installation and molded rubber goods, tire-derived fuel and wire-free rubber nuggets used in playground safety surfacing. Liberty Tire's management will continue with the company in partnership with American Securities.
The Kaye Scholer team included Corporate & Finance Department Partners Emanuel S. Cherney and Sheryl Gittlitz; Tax Partners Laurie Abramowitz, Willys H. Schneider and Jeffrey L. London; Litigation Partner Jay P. Mayesh; Real Estate Counsel Victoria H. Frankenburg; Tax Counsel Mary Lou Zwick; Corporate & Finance Department Associates Peter Danias and Lowell I. Dashefsky.
Also of Interest
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Shape of Things to Come: Protecting Product Configuration and Packaging Design September 26, 2016 • Articles
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions
- On the Road to a Safe and Secure Internet of Things: What Companies Should Do September 19, 2016 • Articles
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Druckenbrodt Quoted in Bloomberg on Volkswagen Dieselgate September 14, 2016 • Media Mentions
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts