Kaye Scholer represented ASP Westward, a portfolio company of American Securities, in its acquisition of two East-Texas newspapers, the Longview News-Journal and the Marshall News Messenger, from Cox Enterprises Inc. ASP Westward is a leading publisher of community newspapers serving two of the most affluent, high-growth suburban media markets in the United States - Houston, Texas and Denver, Colorado - and also several rural communities in East Texas. ASP Westward publishes a group of 60 weekly and daily papers that reach approximately 800,000 households.
The Kaye Scholer team included Corporate & Finance Partners Emanuel S. Cherney and Sheryl Gittlitz, Tax Partners Laurie Abramowitz and Jeffrey L. London, Corporate & Finance Counsel Lowell I. Dashefsky, Real Estate Counsel Irv Hepner, Tax Counsel Mary Lou Zwick, Environmental Associate Connie Ericson and Corporate & Finance Associate Jeffrey Misher.
Also of Interest
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Doing Deals with Competitors: Beware of Taking Minority Equity Stakes or Board Seats August 24, 2016 • Articles