Kaye Scholer represented ASP Westward, a portfolio company of American Securities, in its acquisition of two East-Texas newspapers, the Longview News-Journal and the Marshall News Messenger, from Cox Enterprises Inc. ASP Westward is a leading publisher of community newspapers serving two of the most affluent, high-growth suburban media markets in the United States - Houston, Texas and Denver, Colorado - and also several rural communities in East Texas. ASP Westward publishes a group of 60 weekly and daily papers that reach approximately 800,000 households.
The Kaye Scholer team included Corporate & Finance Partners Emanuel S. Cherney and Sheryl Gittlitz, Tax Partners Laurie Abramowitz and Jeffrey L. London, Corporate & Finance Counsel Lowell I. Dashefsky, Real Estate Counsel Irv Hepner, Tax Counsel Mary Lou Zwick, Environmental Associate Connie Ericson and Corporate & Finance Associate Jeffrey Misher.
Also of Interest
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Using Technology Service Providers Is No Silver Bullet November 7, 2016 • Articles
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Bregal, Motion Equity in Morrison Utility Services Sale November 7, 2016 • Client Successes
- Pitfalls of Present-Day Contracts: Hyperlinked Contract Terms November 7, 2016 • Articles