Kaye Scholer represented ASP Westward, a portfolio company of American Securities, in its acquisition of two East-Texas newspapers, the Longview News-Journal and the Marshall News Messenger, from Cox Enterprises Inc. ASP Westward is a leading publisher of community newspapers serving two of the most affluent, high-growth suburban media markets in the United States - Houston, Texas and Denver, Colorado - and also several rural communities in East Texas. ASP Westward publishes a group of 60 weekly and daily papers that reach approximately 800,000 households.
The Kaye Scholer team included Corporate & Finance Partners Emanuel S. Cherney and Sheryl Gittlitz, Tax Partners Laurie Abramowitz and Jeffrey L. London, Corporate & Finance Counsel Lowell I. Dashefsky, Real Estate Counsel Irv Hepner, Tax Counsel Mary Lou Zwick, Environmental Associate Connie Ericson and Corporate & Finance Associate Jeffrey Misher.
Also of Interest
- Culhane Quoted in Private Funds Management on Fund-Related Legal Fees October 25, 2016 • Media Mentions
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes