Kaye Scholer Represents Kern Energy Partners and Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec in Exchange of Assets for Cobalt International Energy Shares in IPO
Kaye Scholer represented various affiliates of Kern Energy Partners LP, a Canadian energy private equity fund, and Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, the pension fund for the Quebec government, in connection with their tax-free exchange of certain indirect interests in various entities transferred to Cobalt International Energy Inc.(“Cobalt”) in exchange for Cobalt shares, as part of an initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange that took place on December 15, 2009.
The Kaye Scholer team included Steven G. Canner, Jeffrey D. Scheine and Patrick A. Michel.
Also of Interest
- Culhane Quoted in Private Funds Management on Fund-Related Legal Fees October 25, 2016 • Media Mentions
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts