Kaye Scholer Represents Kern Energy Partners and Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec in Exchange of Assets for Cobalt International Energy Shares in IPO
Kaye Scholer represented various affiliates of Kern Energy Partners LP, a Canadian energy private equity fund, and Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, the pension fund for the Quebec government, in connection with their tax-free exchange of certain indirect interests in various entities transferred to Cobalt International Energy Inc.(“Cobalt”) in exchange for Cobalt shares, as part of an initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange that took place on December 15, 2009.
The Kaye Scholer team included Steven G. Canner, Jeffrey D. Scheine and Patrick A. Michel.
Also of Interest
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Using Technology Service Providers Is No Silver Bullet November 7, 2016 • Articles
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Bregal, Motion Equity in Morrison Utility Services Sale November 7, 2016 • Client Successes
- Pitfalls of Present-Day Contracts: Hyperlinked Contract Terms November 7, 2016 • Articles