Kaye Scholer Represents Kern Energy Partners and Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec in Exchange of Assets for Cobalt International Energy Shares in IPO
Kaye Scholer represented various affiliates of Kern Energy Partners LP, a Canadian energy private equity fund, and Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, the pension fund for the Quebec government, in connection with their tax-free exchange of certain indirect interests in various entities transferred to Cobalt International Energy Inc.(“Cobalt”) in exchange for Cobalt shares, as part of an initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange that took place on December 15, 2009.
The Kaye Scholer team included Steven G. Canner, Jeffrey D. Scheine and Patrick A. Michel.
Also of Interest
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Doing Deals with Competitors: Beware of Taking Minority Equity Stakes or Board Seats August 24, 2016 • Articles