Kaye Scholer Advises Columbia Laboratories in Sale of Progesterone Franchise to Watson Pharmaceuticals
Kaye Scholer advised Columbia Laboratories, Inc. in an agreement to sell substantially all of its progesterone-related assets and 11.2 million shares of common stock to Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc. for upfront and milestone payments of up to $92.5 million, plus royalties of 10 to 20 percent of annual net sales of certain progesterone products.
Watson Pharmaceuticals will acquire the exclusive U.S. rights to Columbia Laboratories' bioadhesive progesterone gel products currently marketed under the trade names Crinone® and Prochieve® for the indications of infertility and secondary amenorrhea. Columbia and Watson will collaborate with the National Institute of Health on the Phase III program called PREGNANT (PROCHIEVE Extending GestatioN A New Therapy), evaluating the use of Prochieve to reduce the risk of preterm birth in women with short cervixes, as well as a global development program for second-generation products for reducing premature birth and infertility.
The Kaye Scholer team was led by Adam H. Golden, and included Steven G. Canner and Holly Holloway.
Also of Interest
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Golodner Quoted in IFLR on Proposed NYS Digital Security Laws November 29, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- The Strategic View—Aviation UK November 17, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Who’s the Lender? Two “True Lender” Cases with Implications for Marketplace Platforms November 10, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Using Technology Service Providers Is No Silver Bullet November 7, 2016 • Articles