Kaye Scholer Advises Columbia Laboratories in Sale of Progesterone Franchise to Watson Pharmaceuticals
Kaye Scholer advised Columbia Laboratories, Inc. in an agreement to sell substantially all of its progesterone-related assets and 11.2 million shares of common stock to Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc. for upfront and milestone payments of up to $92.5 million, plus royalties of 10 to 20 percent of annual net sales of certain progesterone products.
Watson Pharmaceuticals will acquire the exclusive U.S. rights to Columbia Laboratories' bioadhesive progesterone gel products currently marketed under the trade names Crinone® and Prochieve® for the indications of infertility and secondary amenorrhea. Columbia and Watson will collaborate with the National Institute of Health on the Phase III program called PREGNANT (PROCHIEVE Extending GestatioN A New Therapy), evaluating the use of Prochieve to reduce the risk of preterm birth in women with short cervixes, as well as a global development program for second-generation products for reducing premature birth and infertility.
The Kaye Scholer team was led by Adam H. Golden, and included Steven G. Canner and Holly Holloway.
Also of Interest
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- Kaye Scholer Advises The Mortgage Lender on £250 Million Warehouse Financing September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes