Kaye Scholer represented Condo Developer LLC in its acquisition of 165 unsold condominium units, retail space and related assets of The Vue at Lake Eola, in Orlando, Florida for $25.9 million and the assumption of certain liabilities. The Vue was built in 2007, at the height of the Florida housing boom, and is the tallest residential tower in Orlando. It filed for bankruptcy protection in 2009 as demand for high-end condo units collapsed. Condo Developer purchased the building out of the bankruptcy proceeding, utilizing financing provided by Ladder Capital. Given the prominence of the building in Orlando and the fragile condition of the Florida real estate market, numerous media outlets have suggested that the acquisition is a potential signal that the Florida condo market will finally begin its recovery.
The Kaye Scholer team that handled the acquisition included Aaron Lehrfield, Michael D. Messersmith, Rachel S. Kless and Kathryn L. Schmanski.
Also of Interest
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- New LSTA Par/Near Par Delayed Compensation Regime August 31, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Following Five-Day Trial, Kaye Scholer Secures Win for Medicalgorithmics August 25, 2016 • Client Successes
- Doing Deals with Competitors: Beware of Taking Minority Equity Stakes or Board Seats August 24, 2016 • Articles
- China’s Buying Spree: Is It Real and Sustainable? August 24, 2016 • Articles
- Beware the Interplay Between Indemnification Provisions and D&O Advancement Provisions... August 24, 2016 • Articles