Kaye Scholer represented Halifax Capital Partners in connection with its acquisition of Service Champ, Inc., the largest independent distributor of vehicle maintenance parts and accessories to oil-change shops in North America and a growing distributor to general repair shops in the automotive aftermarket. The transaction, a merger between Service Champ and one of Halifax Capital Partners' wholly-owned subsidiaries, had a purchase price of $86.5 million (subject to post-closing adjustments ). Immediately following the closing, Halifax Capital Partners owned a majority of the post-closing parent company of Service Champ, and the existing holders of Service Champ owned a minority interest of such company.
The Kaye Scholer team was led by Stephen C. Koval, and included Laurie Abramowitz, Jeffrey L. London, Paul C. Llewellyn, Steven R. Eichel, Alan Glantz, Mary Lou Zwick, Lauretta J. Moran, Connie Ericson, David Kim, and Brian Witkowski.
Also of Interest
- Kaye Scholer Advises Celestica in Asset Acquisition from Karel Manufacturing December 9, 2016 • Client Successes
- OCC Proposes Special Fintech Bank Charter December 9, 2016 • Client Alerts
- London Featured in Private Funds Management on Limiting Termination-Based Lawsuits December 7, 2016 • Media Mentions
- SEC Adopts New Rules: Fund Liquidity, Reporting and Disclosure, and “Swing Pricing” December 6, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Golodner Quoted in IFLR on Proposed NYS Digital Security Laws November 29, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles