Kaye Scholer is representing Emergency Medical Services Corporation (“EMSC”) in its $3.2 billion acquisition by private equity firm, Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, LLC. EMSC, acquired in 2004 by the Canadian private equity firm Onex Corp. and its affiliates, is a leading provider of emergency medical services in the United States. EMSC operates two business units: American Medical Response, Inc., the leading provider of ambulance services in the United States, and EmCare Holdings Inc., a leading provider of outsourced physician services to healthcare facilities. The transaction is expected to close in the second quarter, subject to customary closing conditions, including regulatory approvals and approval by the company’s stockholders.
The Kaye Scholer team includes Senior Corporate Partner Joel I. Greenberg, Partners Lynn Toby Fisher, Edmond Gabbay, Louis Tuchman and Jeffrey L. London, and Associates Corinne A. Mattli, Peter Danias and Tiffany Graddick.
Also of Interest
- M&A and Corporate Governance Newsletter Summer 2016 August 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- Kaye Scholer Represents Lonza in Acquisition of InterHealth Nutraceuticals August 16, 2016 • Client Successes
- Best Lawyers 2017 Recognizes 41 Kaye Scholer Lawyers August 15, 2016 • Recognitions
- Three Partners Named to Benchmark Litigation’s Inaugural “Under 40 Hot List” August 11, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Pfizer in Acquisition of Bamboo Therapeutics August 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Represents NexPhase Capital in Acquisition of Zing Zang July 7, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises AWH Partners on Acquisition of Seattle Airport Marriott July 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Three Kaye Scholer Partners Named Among Benchmark Litigation’s Top 250 Women... June 29, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Represents American Securities in Milk Specialties Acquisition June 28, 2016 • Client Successes