Kaye Scholer is representing Emergency Medical Services Corporation (“EMSC”) in its $3.2 billion acquisition by private equity firm, Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, LLC. EMSC, acquired in 2004 by the Canadian private equity firm Onex Corp. and its affiliates, is a leading provider of emergency medical services in the United States. EMSC operates two business units: American Medical Response, Inc., the leading provider of ambulance services in the United States, and EmCare Holdings Inc., a leading provider of outsourced physician services to healthcare facilities. The transaction is expected to close in the second quarter, subject to customary closing conditions, including regulatory approvals and approval by the company’s stockholders.
The Kaye Scholer team includes Senior Corporate Partner Joel I. Greenberg, Partners Lynn Toby Fisher, Edmond Gabbay, Louis Tuchman and Jeffrey L. London, and Associates Corinne A. Mattli, Peter Danias and Tiffany Graddick.
Also of Interest
- Gardner Named a Life Sciences Rising Star by Law360 March 31, 2016 • Recognitions
- The SEC’s Blueprint for Dealing with Proxy Access Proposals March 23, 2016 • Articles
- Basics in M&A: Indemnification Provisions March 23, 2016 • Articles
- Directors Must Exercise Business Judgment in Approving an Executive Compensation Transaction... March 23, 2016 • Articles
- NASDAQ Proposes Golden Leash Disclosure Rule March 23, 2016 • Articles
- “Privilege-Like” Protection in China: Nine Ways for US Companies to Safeguard... March 23, 2016 • Articles
- Recent Decisions Worth Noting March 23, 2016 • Articles
- Chambers Global 2016 Recognizes Kaye Scholer Lawyers March 2016 • Recognitions
- M&A and Corporate Governance Newsletter | Spring 2016 March 2016 • Reports / Newsletters