Kaye Scholer is representing Emergency Medical Services Corporation (“EMSC”) in its $3.2 billion acquisition by private equity firm, Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, LLC. EMSC, acquired in 2004 by the Canadian private equity firm Onex Corp. and its affiliates, is a leading provider of emergency medical services in the United States. EMSC operates two business units: American Medical Response, Inc., the leading provider of ambulance services in the United States, and EmCare Holdings Inc., a leading provider of outsourced physician services to healthcare facilities. The transaction is expected to close in the second quarter, subject to customary closing conditions, including regulatory approvals and approval by the company’s stockholders.
The Kaye Scholer team includes Senior Corporate Partner Joel I. Greenberg, Partners Lynn Toby Fisher, Edmond Gabbay, Louis Tuchman and Jeffrey L. London, and Associates Corinne A. Mattli, Peter Danias and Tiffany Graddick.
Also of Interest
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Doing Deals with Competitors: Beware of Taking Minority Equity Stakes or Board Seats August 24, 2016 • Articles
- China’s Buying Spree: Is It Real and Sustainable? August 24, 2016 • Articles
- Beware the Interplay Between Indemnification Provisions and D&O Advancement Provisions... August 24, 2016 • Articles
- Delaware Court Endorses Share Tracing in Order to Deny Appraisal Claims in Dell Merger August 24, 2016 • Articles