Kaye Scholer Represents the Independent Committee of the Board of Directors of General Maritime Corporation in Connection with a Recapitalization Transaction
Kaye Scholer represented the Independent Committee of the Board of Directors of General Maritime Corporation (NYSE: GMR) in connection with a $200 million debt and equity investment by Oaktree Capital Management L.P. and related recapitalization transactions. In connection with this transaction, General Maritime, a leading crude and products tanker company with a 31-tanker fleet, issued $200 million payment-in-kind toggle floating rate secured notes maturing in 2018 and warrants to purchase 19.9 percent of the outstanding General Maritime common stock to Oaktree. In related transactions, General Maritime refinanced $550 million of its outstanding debt.
The Kaye Scholer team consisted of Emanuel Cherney, Steven Canner, Sheryl Gittlitz and Javier Stark.
Also of Interest
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes