Kaye Scholer Represents the Independent Committee of the Board of Directors of General Maritime Corporation in Connection with a Recapitalization Transaction
Kaye Scholer represented the Independent Committee of the Board of Directors of General Maritime Corporation (NYSE: GMR) in connection with a $200 million debt and equity investment by Oaktree Capital Management L.P. and related recapitalization transactions. In connection with this transaction, General Maritime, a leading crude and products tanker company with a 31-tanker fleet, issued $200 million payment-in-kind toggle floating rate secured notes maturing in 2018 and warrants to purchase 19.9 percent of the outstanding General Maritime common stock to Oaktree. In related transactions, General Maritime refinanced $550 million of its outstanding debt.
The Kaye Scholer team consisted of Emanuel Cherney, Steven Canner, Sheryl Gittlitz and Javier Stark.
Also of Interest
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Using Technology Service Providers Is No Silver Bullet November 7, 2016 • Articles
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Bregal, Motion Equity in Morrison Utility Services Sale November 7, 2016 • Client Successes
- Pitfalls of Present-Day Contracts: Hyperlinked Contract Terms November 7, 2016 • Articles