Ingrid Kalisch and Sandra Pfister Join Firm’s Frankfurt Office
FRANKFURT – Kaye Scholer LLP announced today that Ingrid Kalisch and Sandra Pfister are joining the firm on July 1, 2011 as partners in its Frankfurt office. Kalisch and Pfister were previously partners at Simmons & Simmons, where Kalisch led the German banking practice.
“Ingrid and Sandra are significant additions to the firm, further expanding the capabilities of our Frankfurt office and enhancing our ability to serve our clients globally. We look forward to welcoming them to the firm,” said Michael B. Solow and Barry Willner, Co-Managing Partners of Kaye Scholer.
Kalisch focuses on banking, in particular acquisition finance, project finance, general transactional banking, secured and unsecured lending, and syndicated and bilateral loan agreements, as well as the restructuring of such transactions. In addition, she has experience in structured financings, including asset related transactions, and tax efficient and off balance sheet financing. She also advises sellers and purchasers of distressed debt. A particular focus of her practice is on energy and infrastructure, including the financing of wind energy projects, German federal motorway PPP projects, public buildings and healthcare projects. Kalisch received her legal education at Johann Wolfgang Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am Main.
Pfister has extensive experience advising both banks and borrowers on a wide variety of structured and corporate finance transactions, including acquisition finance (both public bids and leveraged acquisitions), syndicated and bilateral lending, project finance, real estate finance, debt restructurings and Schuldschein loans (loan notes), as well as other general banking matters, both cross-border and in Germany. Additionally, her experience includes international equity and debt capital markets transactions such as IPOs, dual listings (including on NASDAQ), rights offerings, mandatory bids, and convertible, and exchangeable corporate bond offerings. Pfister studied at the Universities of Bielefeld and Sydney (LL.M.).
“We are thrilled to have Ingrid and Sandra join the firm,” said Dr. Gottfried Freier, Managing Partner of Kaye Scholer’s Frankfurt office. “With the depth and breadth of their experience, they are outstanding additions to the Frankfurt office and will complement our internationally recognized Finance practice. They will add exceptional value to the firm and for our clients.”
“I was particularly drawn to Kaye Scholer’s highly regarded banking, project finance and structured finance practices and am delighted to build upon this foundation by adding my particular skill in these areas,” said Kalisch.
“Joining Kaye Scholer was a natural fit for my lending and acquisition finance practice and I look forward to joining my new colleagues to expand the depth of our international Finance practice,” said Pfister.
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer Advises The Mortgage Lender on £250 Million Warehouse Financing September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Airfinance Journal Names Kaye Scholer as a Top Firm August 25, 2016 • Recognitions
- Doing Deals with Competitors: Beware of Taking Minority Equity Stakes or Board Seats August 24, 2016 • Articles
- China’s Buying Spree: Is It Real and Sustainable? August 24, 2016 • Articles