Kaye Scholer represented Lake Shore Gold Corp. in filing its registration statement with the SEC and its listing on the NYSE
Kaye Scholer represented Lake Shore Gold Corp. ("Lake Shore Gold" or the "Company"), a Canadian gold mining company, in registering its securities on MJDS Form 40-F pursuant to Section 12 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and listing its common shares on the NYSE Amex under the symbol "LSG." Lake Shore Gold is a rapidly growing mining company with properties in the Abitibi Greenstone belt in Northern Ontario and Quebec. The Company produced 43,500 ounces of gold in 2010 and is on track to nearly triple output in 2011 to 125,000 ounces. The Company continues to invest aggressively in exploration primarily in its properties in Northern Ontario and Quebec, and owns a large land position in Mexico. In addition to now being listed on the NYSE Amex, the Company’s common shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) under the symbol LSG, where it currently has a $1.2 billion market cap. PFIC tax disclosure was drafted for the Company’s registration statement and a comprehensive review of Lake Shore Gold’s corporate governance policies and procedures was undertaken to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and NYSE Amex listing standards. We also advised on whether the FCPA applied to Lake Shore Gold’s arrangement with Native Canadian sovereign territories.
Lake Shore Gold has engaged a major U.S. investment bank to advise on U.S. capital raising efforts, with the intention of graduating to the Big Board as quickly as possible.
The Kaye Scholer team included Michael A. Smith, Jeffrey D. Scheine, Eric Sussman, Peter Danias, Tess Fang, David Kim and David Sausen.
Also of Interest
- London Featured in Private Funds Management on Limiting Termination-Based Lawsuits December 7, 2016 • Media Mentions
- SEC Adopts New Rules: Fund Liquidity, Reporting and Disclosure, and “Swing Pricing” December 6, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Using Technology Service Providers Is No Silver Bullet November 7, 2016 • Articles
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions