Kaye Scholer represented Lake Shore Gold Corp. in filing its registration statement with the SEC and its listing on the NYSE
Kaye Scholer represented Lake Shore Gold Corp. ("Lake Shore Gold" or the "Company"), a Canadian gold mining company, in registering its securities on MJDS Form 40-F pursuant to Section 12 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and listing its common shares on the NYSE Amex under the symbol "LSG." Lake Shore Gold is a rapidly growing mining company with properties in the Abitibi Greenstone belt in Northern Ontario and Quebec. The Company produced 43,500 ounces of gold in 2010 and is on track to nearly triple output in 2011 to 125,000 ounces. The Company continues to invest aggressively in exploration primarily in its properties in Northern Ontario and Quebec, and owns a large land position in Mexico. In addition to now being listed on the NYSE Amex, the Company’s common shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) under the symbol LSG, where it currently has a $1.2 billion market cap. PFIC tax disclosure was drafted for the Company’s registration statement and a comprehensive review of Lake Shore Gold’s corporate governance policies and procedures was undertaken to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and NYSE Amex listing standards. We also advised on whether the FCPA applied to Lake Shore Gold’s arrangement with Native Canadian sovereign territories.
Lake Shore Gold has engaged a major U.S. investment bank to advise on U.S. capital raising efforts, with the intention of graduating to the Big Board as quickly as possible.
The Kaye Scholer team included Michael A. Smith, Jeffrey D. Scheine, Eric Sussman, Peter Danias, Tess Fang, David Kim and David Sausen.
Also of Interest
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes