Kaye Scholer secured a trial victory for client Pier 1 Imports, Inc. in a patent-infringement suit brought by Alexsam, Inc. The case was tried in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, Marshall Division, and concerned Pier 1's gift card system. On October 24, the jury returned a verdict in favor of Pier 1, finding that Pier 1 did not infringe either of Alexsam's two patents. The jury further denied Alexsam's request for $26 million in damages.
The trial team was led by Partner Alan Fisch, Co-Chair of Kaye Scholer’s Intellectual Property practice. Fisch was assisted by Counsels Joseph Drayton and Jason F. Hoffman, and Associates R. William Sigler, Jeffrey Saltman, Patrick Lee, and William Li.
Also of Interest
- Law360 Names Blank a 2016 Intellectual Property MVP December 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Second Circuit Expands Split on Nominative Fair Use November 16, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions
- Maier Plans Emergency Response with Fort Meade and Fort Detrick Commanders October 20, 2016 • Client Successes
- Winning the War: Strategies for Prevailing in Consumer Fraud and False Advertising... October 17, 2016 • Articles
- 3D Printing: New Legal Issues Emerge with the Technology’s Revolutionary Potential October 10, 2016 • Articles
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- Shape of Things to Come: Protecting Product Configuration and Packaging Design September 26, 2016 • Articles