Kaye Scholer secured a trial victory for client Pier 1 Imports, Inc. in a patent-infringement suit brought by Alexsam, Inc. The case was tried in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, Marshall Division, and concerned Pier 1's gift card system. On October 24, the jury returned a verdict in favor of Pier 1, finding that Pier 1 did not infringe either of Alexsam's two patents. The jury further denied Alexsam's request for $26 million in damages.
The trial team was led by Partner Alan Fisch, Co-Chair of Kaye Scholer’s Intellectual Property practice. Fisch was assisted by Counsels Joseph Drayton and Jason F. Hoffman, and Associates R. William Sigler, Jeffrey Saltman, Patrick Lee, and William Li.
Also of Interest
- Maier Plans Emergency Response with Fort Meade and Fort Detrick Commanders October 20, 2016 • Client Successes
- Winning the War: Strategies for Prevailing in Consumer Fraud and False Advertising... October 17, 2016 • Articles
- 3D Printing: New Legal Issues Emerge with the Technology’s Revolutionary Potential October 10, 2016 • Articles
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- Shape of Things to Come: Protecting Product Configuration and Packaging Design September 26, 2016 • Articles
- On the Road to a Safe and Secure Internet of Things: What Companies Should Do September 19, 2016 • Articles
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- UNITED STATES: Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015 Strengthens... August 23, 2016 • Articles
- UNITED STATES: Phantom Mark Depicting Arrangement of Numerical Financial Data... August 23, 2016 • Articles