Kaye Scholer represented Cantor Fitzgerald Securities, as agent to the senior secured lenders to yellow pages publisher Caribe Media, Inc., with respect to Caribe Media’s debt-for-equity restructuring. Caribe Media publishes, distributes, and operates print and Internet yellow pages and specialty directories in Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic. Kaye Scholer worked with the agent and an ad hoc steering committee of lenders to engage Caribe Media’s equity sponsor and non-borrower affiliates in restructuring negotiations, which ultimately led to a transfer of ownership of Caribe Media to its lenders through a chapter 11 bankruptcy in the District of Delaware. The Kaye Scholer team advised the agent and steering committee on all aspects of the restructuring, including the bankruptcy, debt, equity, employment, and tax issues that arose.
The Kaye Scholer team consisted of Mark Liscio, Michael Messersmith, Steve Castro, Scott Talmadge, Derek Stoldt, Laurie Abramowitz, Jeff London, David Sausen, Jeff Misher, Uday Gorrepati, Daniel Bloom, Susan Rhee, Brian Witkowski, and Paul Mignano.
Also of Interest
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- And Now A Word From The Panel: MDL Venue Choices November 30, 2016 • Articles
- Golodner Quoted in IFLR on Proposed NYS Digital Security Laws November 29, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- The Strategic View—Aviation UK November 17, 2016 • Articles
- Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association Honors Waks November 17, 2016 • Recognitions
- Second Circuit Expands Split on Nominative Fair Use November 16, 2016 • Articles