Kaye Scholer represented Cantor Fitzgerald Securities, as agent to the senior secured lenders to yellow pages publisher Caribe Media, Inc., with respect to Caribe Media’s debt-for-equity restructuring. Caribe Media publishes, distributes, and operates print and Internet yellow pages and specialty directories in Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic. Kaye Scholer worked with the agent and an ad hoc steering committee of lenders to engage Caribe Media’s equity sponsor and non-borrower affiliates in restructuring negotiations, which ultimately led to a transfer of ownership of Caribe Media to its lenders through a chapter 11 bankruptcy in the District of Delaware. The Kaye Scholer team advised the agent and steering committee on all aspects of the restructuring, including the bankruptcy, debt, equity, employment, and tax issues that arose.
The Kaye Scholer team consisted of Mark Liscio, Michael Messersmith, Steve Castro, Scott Talmadge, Derek Stoldt, Laurie Abramowitz, Jeff London, David Sausen, Jeff Misher, Uday Gorrepati, Daniel Bloom, Susan Rhee, Brian Witkowski, and Paul Mignano.
Also of Interest
- Culhane Quoted in Private Funds Management on Fund-Related Legal Fees October 25, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- What’s Really Remarkable about the Appeals Court Ruling on the CFPB October 20, 2016 • Articles
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Winning the War: Strategies for Prevailing in Consumer Fraud and False Advertising... October 17, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- 3D Printing: New Legal Issues Emerge with the Technology’s Revolutionary Potential October 10, 2016 • Articles
- Asghar Quoted in Airfinance Journal on Iran Aseman Airlines October 10, 2016 • Media Mentions