Kaye Scholer represented Cantor Fitzgerald Securities, as agent to the senior secured lenders to yellow pages publisher Caribe Media, Inc., with respect to Caribe Media’s debt-for-equity restructuring. Caribe Media publishes, distributes, and operates print and Internet yellow pages and specialty directories in Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic. Kaye Scholer worked with the agent and an ad hoc steering committee of lenders to engage Caribe Media’s equity sponsor and non-borrower affiliates in restructuring negotiations, which ultimately led to a transfer of ownership of Caribe Media to its lenders through a chapter 11 bankruptcy in the District of Delaware. The Kaye Scholer team advised the agent and steering committee on all aspects of the restructuring, including the bankruptcy, debt, equity, employment, and tax issues that arose.
The Kaye Scholer team consisted of Mark Liscio, Michael Messersmith, Steve Castro, Scott Talmadge, Derek Stoldt, Laurie Abramowitz, Jeff London, David Sausen, Jeff Misher, Uday Gorrepati, Daniel Bloom, Susan Rhee, Brian Witkowski, and Paul Mignano.
Also of Interest
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Shape of Things to Come: Protecting Product Configuration and Packaging Design September 26, 2016 • Articles
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions
- On the Road to a Safe and Secure Internet of Things: What Companies Should Do September 19, 2016 • Articles
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Druckenbrodt Quoted in Bloomberg on Volkswagen Dieselgate September 14, 2016 • Media Mentions
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts