Kaye Scholer represented NexBank, SSB, as agent to the senior secured lenders to radio station operator AR Broadcasting, LLC, with respect to AR Broadcasting’s debt-for-equity restructuring. AR Broadcasting is the owner of radio stations in Houston, Texas and Kansas City, Missouri. Kaye Scholer worked with the agent and an ad hoc steering committee of lenders to engage Cumulus Media Partners, LLC, AR Broadcasting’s parent, in restructuring negotiations, which ultimately led to a transfer of ownership of AR Broadcasting to its lenders through a prepackaged chapter 11 bankruptcy in the District of Delaware.
The Kaye Scholer team advised the agent and steering committee on all aspects of the restructuring, including the bankruptcy, debt, equity, employment, and tax issues that arose. These efforts resulted in confirmation of a bankruptcy plan of reorganization that transferred ownership of the stations to the lenders within 35 days of AR Broadcasting’s bankruptcy filing. Kaye Scholer will continue to represent AR Broadcasting on a go-forward basis.
The Kaye Scholer team consisted of Steve Koval, Michael Messersmith, Laurie Abramowitz, Jeff London, David Menchel, Jeff Misher, David Sausen, Uday Gorrepati, Javier Stark, Brian Witkowski, and Paul Mignano.
Also of Interest
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- New LSTA Par/Near Par Delayed Compensation Regime August 31, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes