Kaye Scholer represented NexBank, SSB, as agent to the senior secured lenders to radio station operator AR Broadcasting, LLC, with respect to AR Broadcasting’s debt-for-equity restructuring. AR Broadcasting is the owner of radio stations in Houston, Texas and Kansas City, Missouri. Kaye Scholer worked with the agent and an ad hoc steering committee of lenders to engage Cumulus Media Partners, LLC, AR Broadcasting’s parent, in restructuring negotiations, which ultimately led to a transfer of ownership of AR Broadcasting to its lenders through a prepackaged chapter 11 bankruptcy in the District of Delaware.
The Kaye Scholer team advised the agent and steering committee on all aspects of the restructuring, including the bankruptcy, debt, equity, employment, and tax issues that arose. These efforts resulted in confirmation of a bankruptcy plan of reorganization that transferred ownership of the stations to the lenders within 35 days of AR Broadcasting’s bankruptcy filing. Kaye Scholer will continue to represent AR Broadcasting on a go-forward basis.
The Kaye Scholer team consisted of Steve Koval, Michael Messersmith, Laurie Abramowitz, Jeff London, David Menchel, Jeff Misher, David Sausen, Uday Gorrepati, Javier Stark, Brian Witkowski, and Paul Mignano.
Also of Interest
- SEC Adopts New Rules: Fund Liquidity, Reporting and Disclosure, and “Swing Pricing” December 6, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Using Technology Service Providers Is No Silver Bullet November 7, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Advises Bregal, Motion Equity in Morrison Utility Services Sale November 7, 2016 • Client Successes
- Pitfalls of Present-Day Contracts: Hyperlinked Contract Terms November 7, 2016 • Articles