Kaye Scholer LLP is representing Novartis on the purchase, by generics division Sandoz, of specialty dermatology generics company Fougera Pharmaceuticals for $1.525 billion in an all cash transaction. The sellers are a consortium of private equity funds led by Nordic Capital, DLJ Merchant Banking (a Credit Suisse affiliate) and Avista Capital Partners.
Pending regulatory approvals, this acquisition will improve Sandoz’s ability to help patients and customers around the world by providing easier access to high quality, affordable dermatological medicines. With this move, Sandoz will also become the number one generic dermatology medicines company both globally and in the US.
The Kaye Scholer team was led by Partner Adam Golden, along with Partner Derek Stoldt, Associates Tracy Romano and Dino Yiannoupolous (Corporate). Corporate Counsel Peter Danias and Associates Connie Ericson, Jane Wilson and Tiffany Graddick also advised on the matter, as well as Partners Saul Morgenstern and Claudia Higgins (Antitrust); Partners Laurie Abramowitz and Jeff London, Associate Brian Witkowski (Tax); Partners David Barr, Manvin Mayell, Glenn Pogust, Kerry Scanlon and Sebastian Jungermann, Counsel Tatiana Alyonycheva, Of Counsel Mark Godler, Associates Evan Elan, David Forchheimer and Noah Peters (Litigation); and Counsel Victoria Frankenburg and Associate Jeremy Crystal (Real Estate).
Also of Interest
- And Now A Word From The Panel: 3 Alternatives To MDLs September 28, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Shape of Things to Come: Protecting Product Configuration and Packaging Design September 26, 2016 • Articles
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- On the Road to a Safe and Secure Internet of Things: What Companies Should Do September 19, 2016 • Articles
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Druckenbrodt Quoted in Bloomberg on Volkswagen Dieselgate September 14, 2016 • Media Mentions