Kaye Scholer Advises Bank of America in Agreement to Sell Remaining Stake in Archstone for $1.58 Billion
Kaye Scholer is representing Bank of America Corp. in its sale, along with Barclays, of the remaining 26.5% stake in Archstone to Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. for $1.58 billion.
In January, Kaye Scholer represented Bank of America Corp. in its sale, along with Barclays, of half of the banks’ stake, or 26.5% of Archstone, to Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. for $1.325 billion, raising Lehman’s total stake in Archstone to 73.5%. In December 2011, we represented Bank of America in an agreement to sell the stake to Equity Residential. Lehman exercised a right to match Equity Residential’s offer and purchased the banks’ stake, resulting in the termination of the agreement with Equity Residential.
Archstone is a privately-held owner, operator and developer of multifamily apartment properties primarily located in top U.S. growth markets.
The Kaye Scholer team included Partners Mark Kingsley, Ed Gabbay, Aaron Rubinstein, Louis Tuchman, Scott Talmadge and Sebastian Jungermann; Counsel Debra Schaumberger, Peter Danias and William Lonergan; and Associate Roxanne Mintz.
Also of Interest
- Culhane Quoted in Private Funds Management on Fund-Related Legal Fees October 25, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- What’s Really Remarkable about the Appeals Court Ruling on the CFPB October 20, 2016 • Articles
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Asghar Quoted in Airfinance Journal on Iran Aseman Airlines October 10, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes