Kaye Scholer Advises Novartis on R&D Agreement with University of Pennsylvania to Study T-Cell Technology To Treat Cancer
Kaye Scholer is advising long-time client Novartis on its agreement for an exclusive global collaboration with University of Pennsylvania (Penn) to research, develop and commercialize targeted chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) immunotherapies for the treatment of cancers. In addition, the parties will jointly establish a new research and development facility on the Penn campus, called the Center for Advanced Cellular Therapies (CACT). Under the terms of the agreement, Penn grants Novartis an exclusive worldwide license to CARs developed through the collaboration for all indications. In addition Novartis will provide an up-front payment, research funding, funding for the establishment of the CACT and milestone payments for the achievement of certain clinical, regulatory and commercial milestones and royalty payments.
Led by Kaye Scholer Partner Adam Golden, Co-Chair of the firm’s Corporate Department, the other lawyers advising Novartis include IP Partner David Barr, Corporate Partner Andres Liivak, and Associates Holly Holloway and Viktoriya Karshenboyem, all out of the firm’s New York office.
Also of Interest
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Using Technology Service Providers Is No Silver Bullet November 7, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Advises Bregal, Motion Equity in Morrison Utility Services Sale November 7, 2016 • Client Successes
- Pitfalls of Present-Day Contracts: Hyperlinked Contract Terms November 7, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Advises Biohaven on Oversubscribed Private Financing November 4, 2016 • Client Successes