Kaye Scholer assisted the British Airways regional airline in Africa, Comair, Inc., in its structured debt financing of three new Boeing 737-800 aircraft. The financing was provided by banks Investec plc and FirstRand Bank Limited, and had tranches denominated in dollars and South African rand. Repayment of the financing was guaranteed by the United States Export-Import Bank (Ex-Im Bank). The aggregate value of the financing was approximately $110 million.
The Kaye Scholer team was led by Stewart Herman, with assistance on opinion issues provided by Gary Bernstein and Michael Mulitz.
Also of Interest
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Golodner Quoted in IFLR on Proposed NYS Digital Security Laws November 29, 2016 • Media Mentions
- The Strategic View—Aviation UK November 17, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Who’s the Lender? Two “True Lender” Cases with Implications for Marketplace Platforms November 10, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Biohaven on Oversubscribed Private Financing November 4, 2016 • Client Successes
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions