Kaye Scholer assisted the British Airways regional airline in Africa, Comair, Inc., in its structured debt financing of three new Boeing 737-800 aircraft. The financing was provided by banks Investec plc and FirstRand Bank Limited, and had tranches denominated in dollars and South African rand. Repayment of the financing was guaranteed by the United States Export-Import Bank (Ex-Im Bank). The aggregate value of the financing was approximately $110 million.
The Kaye Scholer team was led by Stewart Herman, with assistance on opinion issues provided by Gary Bernstein and Michael Mulitz.
Also of Interest
- Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Kaye Scholer Practices and Partners Nationwide October 24, 2016 • Recognitions
- What’s Really Remarkable about the Appeals Court Ruling on the CFPB October 20, 2016 • Articles
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Asghar Quoted in Airfinance Journal on Iran Aseman Airlines October 10, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer Advises The Mortgage Lender on £250 Million Warehouse Financing September 2, 2016 • Client Successes