We represented Essroc Cement Corp. in a significant multi-state like-kind exchange transaction with Lafarge North America. The like-kind exchange transaction involved the exchange of Essroc’s real estate and operations assets located at their Essexville, Michigan cement terminal for Lafarge’s real estate and operations assets located at their Baltimore, Maryland and Norfolk, Virginia cement terminals.
Essroc, located in Nazareth, Pennsylvania, operates cement, ready-mix and aggregate operations in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. Essroc is the North American division of Italcementi SpA., one of the world’s largest cement and building materials producers, headquartered in Milan, Italy. The asset exchange transaction contributes to Essroc’s efforts to consolidate around core geographies and key operations, including the Mid-Atlantic region. Lafarge is also one of the largest cement, concrete and gypsum producers in the US.
The Kaye Scholer team covered corporate, real estate and tax matters and included Partner John R. Fallon Jr., Associate John Csuka, Counsel Victoria H. Frankenburg, Partner Willys H. Schneider and Counsel David A. Sausen.
Also of Interest
- SEC Adopts New Rules: Fund Liquidity, Reporting and Disclosure, and “Swing Pricing” December 6, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Using Technology Service Providers Is No Silver Bullet November 7, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Advises Bregal, Motion Equity in Morrison Utility Services Sale November 7, 2016 • Client Successes
- Pitfalls of Present-Day Contracts: Hyperlinked Contract Terms November 7, 2016 • Articles