We represented Essroc Cement Corp. in a significant multi-state like-kind exchange transaction with Lafarge North America. The like-kind exchange transaction involved the exchange of Essroc’s real estate and operations assets located at their Essexville, Michigan cement terminal for Lafarge’s real estate and operations assets located at their Baltimore, Maryland and Norfolk, Virginia cement terminals.
Essroc, located in Nazareth, Pennsylvania, operates cement, ready-mix and aggregate operations in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. Essroc is the North American division of Italcementi SpA., one of the world’s largest cement and building materials producers, headquartered in Milan, Italy. The asset exchange transaction contributes to Essroc’s efforts to consolidate around core geographies and key operations, including the Mid-Atlantic region. Lafarge is also one of the largest cement, concrete and gypsum producers in the US.
The Kaye Scholer team covered corporate, real estate and tax matters and included Partner John R. Fallon Jr., Associate John Csuka, Counsel Victoria H. Frankenburg, Partner Willys H. Schneider and Counsel David A. Sausen.
Also of Interest
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts