We represented Essroc Cement Corp. in a significant multi-state like-kind exchange transaction with Lafarge North America. The like-kind exchange transaction involved the exchange of Essroc’s real estate and operations assets located at their Essexville, Michigan cement terminal for Lafarge’s real estate and operations assets located at their Baltimore, Maryland and Norfolk, Virginia cement terminals.
Essroc, located in Nazareth, Pennsylvania, operates cement, ready-mix and aggregate operations in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. Essroc is the North American division of Italcementi SpA., one of the world’s largest cement and building materials producers, headquartered in Milan, Italy. The asset exchange transaction contributes to Essroc’s efforts to consolidate around core geographies and key operations, including the Mid-Atlantic region. Lafarge is also one of the largest cement, concrete and gypsum producers in the US.
The Kaye Scholer team covered corporate, real estate and tax matters and included Partner John R. Fallon Jr., Associate John Csuka, Counsel Victoria H. Frankenburg, Partner Willys H. Schneider and Counsel David A. Sausen.
Also of Interest
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Doing Deals with Competitors: Beware of Taking Minority Equity Stakes or Board Seats August 24, 2016 • Articles