Kaye Scholer advised Five Oaks Investment Corp. in its initial public offering, which closed on March 27, 2013. The IPO, as well as a concurrent private placement to an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of XL Group plc (NYSE:XL), raised a total of $85.5 million in sales of common stock prior to any exercise of the underwriters’ over-allotment option. Barclays Capital, Credit Suisse, UBS Securities LLC and Keefe, Bruyette & Woods served as joint book-running managers.
Five Oaks is a Maryland corporation that operates as a mortgage real estate investment trust. The corporation focuses on investing in, financing and managing a leveraged portfolio of Agency and Non-Agency residential mortgage-backed securities, residential mortgage loans and other mortgage-related investments. The Manager of Five Oaks, Oak Circle Capital Partners LLC, is a SEC-registered investment adviser, and is also represented by Kaye Scholer. Both Five Oaks and Oak Circle are based in New York.
The Kaye Scholer team was led by Partners Ken Mason and Dan Hartnett. Other contributors include Partners Jeff London, Willys Schneider, Jeff Scheine and Jay Waks, Counsel David Sausen, Mary Lou Zwick, Peter Danias, George Williams and Patrick Michel, and Associates Tracy Romano, Viktoriya Karshenboyem, Shay Soltani, Raul Moreno, Danny Riemer, and Tiffany Graddick.
Also of Interest
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- Kaye Scholer Advises The Mortgage Lender on £250 Million Warehouse Financing September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes