Kaye Scholer advised Five Oaks Investment Corp. in its initial public offering, which closed on March 27, 2013. The IPO, as well as a concurrent private placement to an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of XL Group plc (NYSE:XL), raised a total of $85.5 million in sales of common stock prior to any exercise of the underwriters’ over-allotment option. Barclays Capital, Credit Suisse, UBS Securities LLC and Keefe, Bruyette & Woods served as joint book-running managers.
Five Oaks is a Maryland corporation that operates as a mortgage real estate investment trust. The corporation focuses on investing in, financing and managing a leveraged portfolio of Agency and Non-Agency residential mortgage-backed securities, residential mortgage loans and other mortgage-related investments. The Manager of Five Oaks, Oak Circle Capital Partners LLC, is a SEC-registered investment adviser, and is also represented by Kaye Scholer. Both Five Oaks and Oak Circle are based in New York.
The Kaye Scholer team was led by Partners Ken Mason and Dan Hartnett. Other contributors include Partners Jeff London, Willys Schneider, Jeff Scheine and Jay Waks, Counsel David Sausen, Mary Lou Zwick, Peter Danias, George Williams and Patrick Michel, and Associates Tracy Romano, Viktoriya Karshenboyem, Shay Soltani, Raul Moreno, Danny Riemer, and Tiffany Graddick.
Also of Interest
- SEC Adopts New Rules: Fund Liquidity, Reporting and Disclosure, and “Swing Pricing” December 6, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Golodner Quoted in IFLR on Proposed NYS Digital Security Laws November 29, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- The Strategic View—Aviation UK November 17, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Who’s the Lender? Two “True Lender” Cases with Implications for Marketplace Platforms November 10, 2016 • Client Alerts