Kaye Scholer advised Five Oaks Investment Corp. in its initial public offering, which closed on March 27, 2013. The IPO, as well as a concurrent private placement to an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of XL Group plc (NYSE:XL), raised a total of $85.5 million in sales of common stock prior to any exercise of the underwriters’ over-allotment option. Barclays Capital, Credit Suisse, UBS Securities LLC and Keefe, Bruyette & Woods served as joint book-running managers.
Five Oaks is a Maryland corporation that operates as a mortgage real estate investment trust. The corporation focuses on investing in, financing and managing a leveraged portfolio of Agency and Non-Agency residential mortgage-backed securities, residential mortgage loans and other mortgage-related investments. The Manager of Five Oaks, Oak Circle Capital Partners LLC, is a SEC-registered investment adviser, and is also represented by Kaye Scholer. Both Five Oaks and Oak Circle are based in New York.
The Kaye Scholer team was led by Partners Ken Mason and Dan Hartnett. Other contributors include Partners Jeff London, Willys Schneider, Jeff Scheine and Jay Waks, Counsel David Sausen, Mary Lou Zwick, Peter Danias, George Williams and Patrick Michel, and Associates Tracy Romano, Viktoriya Karshenboyem, Shay Soltani, Raul Moreno, Danny Riemer, and Tiffany Graddick.
Also of Interest
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- What’s Really Remarkable about the Appeals Court Ruling on the CFPB October 20, 2016 • Articles
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Asghar Quoted in Airfinance Journal on Iran Aseman Airlines October 10, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions