LONDON — Kaye Scholer advised Debussy DTC PLC as issuer of a note issuance facility used to fund a £263M fixed rate bridge loan to Toys “R” Us Properties (UK). The bridge loan was provided by two existing CMBS noteholders and will be used to refinance existing loans.
Finance Partner Stuart Axford led the team, along with Tax Partner Daniel Lewin and Bankruptcy & Restructuring Associate Tanyel Serpemen.
London teams from other firms also had roles in this refinancing, including Paul Hastings — which advised Toys “R” Us.
Kaye Scholer’s Finance Group includes approximately 50 lawyers skilled in a broad range of transactions, both domestic and international, for clients including money center banks, foreign banks, regional banks, commercial finance companies, national insurance companies, merchant banks, buyout funds and other corporate borrowers in debt financing transactions. The firm’s London-based lawyers have been recognized by major publications, such as Legal 500 and Chambers, in the areas of structuring and formation of investment funds, project finance, structured finance, private equity transactions, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, IPOs, financial services regulation and related practices.
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Kaye Scholer Advises The Mortgage Lender on £250 Million Warehouse Financing September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Veracen on Merger of Equals with Turner Investments August 31, 2016 • Client Successes
- Airfinance Journal Names Kaye Scholer as a Top Firm August 25, 2016 • Recognitions
- UNITED STATES: Phantom Mark Depicting Arrangement of Numerical Financial Data... August 23, 2016 • Articles
- Best Lawyers 2017 Recognizes 41 Kaye Scholer Lawyers August 15, 2016 • Recognitions