LONDON — Kaye Scholer advised Debussy DTC PLC as issuer of a note issuance facility used to fund a £263M fixed rate bridge loan to Toys “R” Us Properties (UK). The bridge loan was provided by two existing CMBS noteholders and will be used to refinance existing loans.
Finance Partner Stuart Axford led the team, along with Tax Partner Daniel Lewin and Bankruptcy & Restructuring Associate Tanyel Serpemen.
London teams from other firms also had roles in this refinancing, including Paul Hastings — which advised Toys “R” Us.
Kaye Scholer’s Finance Group includes approximately 50 lawyers skilled in a broad range of transactions, both domestic and international, for clients including money center banks, foreign banks, regional banks, commercial finance companies, national insurance companies, merchant banks, buyout funds and other corporate borrowers in debt financing transactions. The firm’s London-based lawyers have been recognized by major publications, such as Legal 500 and Chambers, in the areas of structuring and formation of investment funds, project finance, structured finance, private equity transactions, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, IPOs, financial services regulation and related practices.
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- London Featured in Private Funds Management on Limiting Termination-Based Lawsuits December 7, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Golodner Quoted in IFLR on Proposed NYS Digital Security Laws November 29, 2016 • Media Mentions
- The Strategic View—Aviation UK November 17, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Who’s the Lender? Two “True Lender” Cases with Implications for Marketplace Platforms November 10, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Biohaven on Oversubscribed Private Financing November 4, 2016 • Client Successes
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions