Kaye Scholer recently represented Deutsche Bank and Prime Finance in the permanent financing of an LLC sponsored by Structured Development at 1400-1460 North Halsted in Chicago, IL. The deal consists of first mortgage debt and mezzanine financing totaling $75.5 million for the project, which encompasses an entire city block in Chicago’s Clybourn Corridor and includes educational, retail, medical office and parking uses within the development. The five year fixed rate loan and additional capital allowed for Structured Development to refinance and recapitalize the project and buy out the former equity partner in the transaction. Maverick Commercial Mortgage, Inc. was involved in the placement of the financing, which closed on April 10, 2013.
The Kaye Scholer team involved in the transaction included Real Estate Partners Aaron Lehrfield and Jeannie Bionda, Associates Michael Dougherty and Christine O’Connell and Legal Assistant Jose Torres.
Also of Interest
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Harty Receives Lawyers Alliance 2016 Cornerstone Award November 18, 2016 • Recognitions
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises Related Fund Management on Williamsburg Portfolio Purchase July 19, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Advises AWH Partners on Acquisition of Seattle Airport Marriott July 1, 2016 • Client Successes
- Brexit—What We Know June 29, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Hotel Sector Trends in 2016 and Beyond: Value and Risk Drivers June 24, 2016 • Articles
- Ten Kaye Scholer Practices Recognized, 29 Individuals Cited in Legal 500 US 2016 June 15, 2016 • Recognitions