LOS ANGELES: Kaye Scholer represented Meggitt-USA in its sale of one of its subsidiaries, formerly known as Keith Products, to Air Comm Corporation (ACC). Deal terms were not disclosed.
Meggitt-USA is part of the worldwide Meggitt Group, a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment components and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. With approximately 10,000 employees across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe and North America and regional bases in Brazil, India and the Middle East, Meggitt’s civil aerospace presence covers large commercial transports, regional aircraft, business jets, helicopters and general aviation. Its defense markets cover all military aircraft types, land systems, naval platforms and aerial, land-based and marine threat simulation training and weapons systems development.
In 2011, Kaye Scholer represented Meggitt USA in the acquisition of the Pacific Scientific Aerospace division of Danaher Corporation for $685 million. And in 2007, we represented Meggitt-USA in its $1.8 billion acquisition of K&F Industries Holdings, Inc.
The Kaye Scholer deal team for the ACC acquisition included Los Angeles Corporate Partner Barry Dastin, Counsel Glenn Smith and Associate Julia Schiesel along with Tax Partners Jeff Scheine and Jeff London, Counsel David Sausen and Associate Brian Witkowski.
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts