Kaye Scholer Advises Bregal Capital on the Corporate Reorganization of and Investment by KKR in Cognita
LONDON— Kaye Scholer has advised Bregal Capital, the well-known UK-based private equity firm, on the corporate reorganization of its portfolio company, Cognita, a leading international private schools group. As part of the reorganization, we also advised, along with Allen & Overy, in relation to an investment in Cognita by funds managed by KKR.
The Kaye Scholer team was led by London Corporate Partner Sean Scanlon, who has acted for Bregal Capital in connection with Cognita since its creation in 2004. London Corporate Partners Andrew Harris and David Gerber, Finance Counsel Colin Tan and Trainee Solicitor Amy Utley also advised the client on the matter.
Kaye Scholer's Corporate Department combines a full-service transactional practice with proactive, strategic business counseling. Both public and private US and international clients turn to us for focused senior-level attention on their most important matters, particularly when it comes to complex M&A, private equity, investment funds, capital markets and life sciences transactions. Consistently ranked by US News & World Report for having one of the country’s premier Private Equity practices, our Corporate Department works on an ongoing basis with 40+ US and international private equity firms and their portfolio companies, including American Securities, Bregal Capital, Compass Partners, Halifax Capital Partners, Onex Corporation and Uni-World Capital among others.
It is anticipated that the KKR funds and the Bregal funds will provide further funding for Cognita’s continuing international growth.
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- What’s Really Remarkable about the Appeals Court Ruling on the CFPB October 20, 2016 • Articles
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Asghar Quoted in Airfinance Journal on Iran Aseman Airlines October 10, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Represents Investors in Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Litigation September 28, 2016 • Client Successes
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions