Kaye Scholer Advises Bregal Capital on the Corporate Reorganization of and Investment by KKR in Cognita
LONDON— Kaye Scholer has advised Bregal Capital, the well-known UK-based private equity firm, on the corporate reorganization of its portfolio company, Cognita, a leading international private schools group. As part of the reorganization, we also advised, along with Allen & Overy, in relation to an investment in Cognita by funds managed by KKR.
The Kaye Scholer team was led by London Corporate Partner Sean Scanlon, who has acted for Bregal Capital in connection with Cognita since its creation in 2004. London Corporate Partners Andrew Harris and David Gerber, Finance Counsel Colin Tan and Trainee Solicitor Amy Utley also advised the client on the matter.
Kaye Scholer's Corporate Department combines a full-service transactional practice with proactive, strategic business counseling. Both public and private US and international clients turn to us for focused senior-level attention on their most important matters, particularly when it comes to complex M&A, private equity, investment funds, capital markets and life sciences transactions. Consistently ranked by US News & World Report for having one of the country’s premier Private Equity practices, our Corporate Department works on an ongoing basis with 40+ US and international private equity firms and their portfolio companies, including American Securities, Bregal Capital, Compass Partners, Halifax Capital Partners, Onex Corporation and Uni-World Capital among others.
It is anticipated that the KKR funds and the Bregal funds will provide further funding for Cognita’s continuing international growth.
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Axford and Williams Discuss UK Influence on EU Banking Rules in Law360 September 21, 2016 • Media Mentions
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- Kaye Scholer Advises The Mortgage Lender on £250 Million Warehouse Financing September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes