New York: Kaye Scholer advised longtime client and leading private equity firm J.W. Childs Associates, L.P in the sale of JA Holding, Inc. to specialty retailer Men’s Wearhouse for approximately $97.5 million in cash, subject to adjustments.
JA Holding, Inc. is the parent company of American designer menswear and lifestyle brand Joseph Abboud®, as well as the brands JOE Joseph Abboud®, Joseph Abboud BOYS® and Joseph Abboud Home®, available in fine department stores across the United States and in more than fifty countries around the world. The sale also includes ownership of JA Holding's tailored clothing factory, which employs 450 skilled workers in the United States. For further information, please see Men’s Wearhouse’s official press release here.
Kaye Scholer’s Corporate Department has advised J.W. Childs Associates, L.P. since the mid-1990s on a variety of transactions, including the 2006 acquisition of Advantage Sales & Marketing Inc. for approximately $1.05 billion, and the subsequent sale to Apax Partners for $1.8 billion in 2010.
The Kaye Scholer team was led by Corporate Partner Stephen Koval and included Partners Laurie Abramowitz and Jeff London (Tax); Counsels Mary Lou Zwick (Benefits and Employment), Lauretta Moran (Real Estate) and John Rynkiewicz (IP); and Associates Aaron Gardner (Corporate), Viktoriya Karshenboyem (Corporate), Eric Levine (Corporate) and Connie Ericson (Environmental).
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- London Featured in Private Funds Management on Limiting Termination-Based Lawsuits December 7, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Law360 Names Blank a 2016 Intellectual Property MVP December 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- SEC Adopts New Rules: Fund Liquidity, Reporting and Disclosure, and “Swing Pricing” December 6, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- Harty Receives Lawyers Alliance 2016 Cornerstone Award November 18, 2016 • Recognitions
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions