New York: Kaye Scholer advised longtime client and leading private equity firm J.W. Childs Associates, L.P in the sale of JA Holding, Inc. to specialty retailer Men’s Wearhouse for approximately $97.5 million in cash, subject to adjustments.
JA Holding, Inc. is the parent company of American designer menswear and lifestyle brand Joseph Abboud®, as well as the brands JOE Joseph Abboud®, Joseph Abboud BOYS® and Joseph Abboud Home®, available in fine department stores across the United States and in more than fifty countries around the world. The sale also includes ownership of JA Holding's tailored clothing factory, which employs 450 skilled workers in the United States. For further information, please see Men’s Wearhouse’s official press release here.
Kaye Scholer’s Corporate Department has advised J.W. Childs Associates, L.P. since the mid-1990s on a variety of transactions, including the 2006 acquisition of Advantage Sales & Marketing Inc. for approximately $1.05 billion, and the subsequent sale to Apax Partners for $1.8 billion in 2010.
The Kaye Scholer team was led by Corporate Partner Stephen Koval and included Partners Laurie Abramowitz and Jeff London (Tax); Counsels Mary Lou Zwick (Benefits and Employment), Lauretta Moran (Real Estate) and John Rynkiewicz (IP); and Associates Aaron Gardner (Corporate), Viktoriya Karshenboyem (Corporate), Eric Levine (Corporate) and Connie Ericson (Environmental).
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- Culhane Quoted in Private Funds Management on Fund-Related Legal Fees October 25, 2016 • Media Mentions
- SEC Issues Pay Ratio CDIs October 20, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Maier Plans Emergency Response with Fort Meade and Fort Detrick Commanders October 20, 2016 • Client Successes
- IFLR1000 Recognizes Kaye Scholer’s Global Presence, Practices and Lawyers October 19, 2016 • Recognitions
- Winning the War: Strategies for Prevailing in Consumer Fraud and False Advertising... October 17, 2016 • Articles
- Kaye Scholer Clients Achieve Nearly Full Recovery in Arch Coal Chapter 11 Proceeding October 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- Consumer Products in the Age of Big Data October 4, 2016 • Articles
- NLJ Names Shores as Antitrust Trailblazer September 27, 2016 • Recognitions
- Shape of Things to Come: Protecting Product Configuration and Packaging Design September 26, 2016 • Articles