New York: Kaye Scholer advised longtime client and leading private equity firm J.W. Childs Associates, L.P in the sale of JA Holding, Inc. to specialty retailer Men’s Wearhouse for approximately $97.5 million in cash, subject to adjustments.
JA Holding, Inc. is the parent company of American designer menswear and lifestyle brand Joseph Abboud®, as well as the brands JOE Joseph Abboud®, Joseph Abboud BOYS® and Joseph Abboud Home®, available in fine department stores across the United States and in more than fifty countries around the world. The sale also includes ownership of JA Holding's tailored clothing factory, which employs 450 skilled workers in the United States. For further information, please see Men’s Wearhouse’s official press release here.
Kaye Scholer’s Corporate Department has advised J.W. Childs Associates, L.P. since the mid-1990s on a variety of transactions, including the 2006 acquisition of Advantage Sales & Marketing Inc. for approximately $1.05 billion, and the subsequent sale to Apax Partners for $1.8 billion in 2010.
The Kaye Scholer team was led by Corporate Partner Stephen Koval and included Partners Laurie Abramowitz and Jeff London (Tax); Counsels Mary Lou Zwick (Benefits and Employment), Lauretta Moran (Real Estate) and John Rynkiewicz (IP); and Associates Aaron Gardner (Corporate), Viktoriya Karshenboyem (Corporate), Eric Levine (Corporate) and Connie Ericson (Environmental).
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- Shape of Things to Come: Protecting Product Configuration and Packaging Design September 26, 2016 • Articles
- Bloomberg Business: Moriarty Returns for “Taking Stock” ETFs & Bitcoin Podcast September 22, 2016 • Media Mentions
- On the Road to a Safe and Secure Internet of Things: What Companies Should Do September 19, 2016 • Articles
- O’Keefe Featured in the Daily Journal on the 2016 Proxy Season September 15, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Pro Bono Team Advances CodeEd’s Comp Sci Efforts for Coeds September 14, 2016 • Client Successes
- SEC Proposes Exhibit Hyperlink Requirements September 8, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- ILS and Zinsser Analytic Shareholders Sell to Gardner Denver Medical September 2, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Secures Dismissal of Merger-Related Class Action Against Baltic Trading September 1, 2016 • Client Successes