Kaye Scholer advised Debussy DTC PLC as Issuer in relation to the £263m CMBS transaction arranged by Cairn Capital in order to refinance the UK property portfolio of Toys R Us. Backed by Toy R Us suburban big box retail stores, it is the first non-prime European commercial real estate securitization transaction since the 2008 financial crisis.
The transaction also reaffirms the recovery for CMBS transactions now underway in the European market. According to Dealogic, to date this year, the number of European CMBS issuance is approximately $5.5 billion, more than five times the value of European CMBS transactions at this time in 2012.
Kaye Scholer was appointed by Capita Trust Corporate Limited, the Issuer's corporate servicer, and a leading provider of corporate services to the ABS market.
The Kaye Scholer team was led by Stuart Axford from their London office, and included tax partner Daniel Lewin and bankruptcy associate Tanyel Serpemen from London together with Willys Schneider, David Sausen, Kathleen Wechter and Ken Mason from New York. Toys R Us were advised by Paul Hastings and Cairn Capital were represented by Sidley Austin.
About Kaye Scholer LLP
Founded in New York in 1917, Kaye Scholer combines the continuity and business acumen of a century-old law firm with a forward-looking, tech savvy, results-driven approach focused around lasting client relationships. With industry strengths in life sciences, financial services, technology, real estate and energy & infrastructure, Kaye Scholer offers strategic guidance and legal services to public and private entities facing litigation, transactional or governance challenges. Kaye Scholer’s lawyers regularly advise on matters across multiple legal jurisdictions, including in the US, Canada, UK, EU, China and Japan.
# # #
PR & Communications Manager Kaye Scholer
Also of Interest
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Golodner Quoted in IFLR on Proposed NYS Digital Security Laws November 29, 2016 • Media Mentions
- The Strategic View—Aviation UK November 17, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Who’s the Lender? Two “True Lender” Cases with Implications for Marketplace Platforms November 10, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Advises Biohaven on Oversubscribed Private Financing November 4, 2016 • Client Successes
- Kaye Scholer Receives Legal Aid Society’s Pro Bono Publico Award November 4, 2016 • Recognitions
- US News–Best Lawyers Recognizes 32 Kaye Scholer Practices and 41 Lawyers November 1, 2016 • Recognitions