Kaye Scholer represented private aviation membership-based company, Wheels Up, in its placement of a $1.4 billion order with newly reorganized Beechcraft Corp., formerly Hawker Beechcraft. As part of the contract, Beechcraft Corp. will build up to 105 King Air 350i aircraft, valued at $788 million, and will serve as the comprehensive maintenance provider for Wheels Up in North America and Western Europe, valued at $600 million. This is believed to be the largest general aviation propeller-driven aircraft order in history.
The Kaye Scholer team was led by Partners John Geelan, Michael Mulitz and Thomas Yadlon.
Also of Interest
- SEC Adopts New Rules: Fund Liquidity, Reporting and Disclosure, and “Swing Pricing” December 6, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Tax Alert: Final Debt Regulations Have Limited Scope of Application November 30, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Best Lawyers Profiles Frankle as “Lawyer of the Year” November 28, 2016 • Media Mentions
- Fallon Appointed to the University at Albany Presidential Search Committee November 22, 2016 • Recognitions
- Fintech Term Sheet Negotiations: Key Issues Beyond Price November 21, 2016 • Articles
- The Strategic View—Aviation UK November 17, 2016 • Articles
- JUVE Handbuch Recommends Frankfurt Office and Lawyers November 14, 2016 • Recognitions
- Using Technology Service Providers Is No Silver Bullet November 7, 2016 • Articles
- Chambers UK 2017 Recognizes London Partners and Aviation Finance Practice November 7, 2016 • Recognitions