Kaye Scholer Clears Litigation Path for Investor Seeking to Recoup $25M After Merger Partner Misstated its Financials
Kaye Scholer achieved a significant litigation victory for one of its clients, investor David Hildes, who lost approximately $25 million when his Harbinger Corporation (Harbinger) stock was exchanged for Peregrine Systems, Inc. (Peregrine) stock pursuant to a materially false registration statement issued by Peregrine. A three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit unanimously reversed an earlier district court decision barring Hildes from amending his securities complaint against certain former outside Peregrine directors, allowing Hildes to proceed with his lawsuit.
Litigator Michael Lynn argued the appeal, assisted by Partner Robert Barnes and Associate Kyle Gooch.
Also of Interest
- Consumer Products: Adapting to Innovation Fall 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- Best Lawyers 2017 Recognizes 41 Kaye Scholer Lawyers August 15, 2016 • Recognitions
- Three Partners Named to Benchmark Litigation’s Inaugural “Under 40 Hot List” August 11, 2016 • Recognitions
- Kaye Scholer Achieves Complete Victory for Spirit AeroSystems in Securities Class Action July 6, 2016 • Client Successes
- Three Kaye Scholer Partners Named Among Benchmark Litigation’s Top 250 Women... June 29, 2016 • Recognitions
- Ten Kaye Scholer Practices Recognized, 29 Individuals Cited in Legal 500 US 2016 June 15, 2016 • Recognitions
- Managing Your MDL for Maximum Impact May 2016 • Reports / Newsletters
- SCOTUS Rules That Lawsuit Alleging Naked Short Selling Can Proceed in State Court May 18, 2016 • Client Alerts
- Haveles Speaks to Law360 on the High Court's Merrill Lynch v. Manning Ruling May 17, 2016 • Media Mentions